2004 Vortec High Output

cchap

[color="#0000FF My last GMC truck was an SLT (had leather) & those heated seats combined with the no static electricity hooked me- I couldn't go back to cloth.... LOL! :rolleyes: [/color]

gotta love the heated leather

• 4 weeks later...

Nice on how they just made these trucks but a few and they still retain a good resale value. I took mine to the dealer to see what they would throw at me and they offerd to give me 19k, with 45k miles. i only paid 15k for mine so id come up on it.

Edited by superchevything (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

I got one too! Its a 04 chevy LS VHO, I sold the wheels (wish I didnt now) rollpan, ss front cover, billet grill, and removed the trim. As far as performance- p&p heads, 228r cam 112, lt's w/3in single exhaust, ud pulleys, electric fans, homemade 4in cai, billet servos, hd2 shift kit, and some caltrac's out back. Before the p&p heads she ran a 13.3et with 98% humidity at the lightning stompdown in Ennis, Tx. Driving around I have only seen two other VHO's with the vortec high output badges on the fender. Its fun driving a rare truck with lots of mods hehehe

Chris

05 Black Chevy VHO. Bought it in Bastrop Texas. May of 05. It's an LT w/ cloth interior. There was a Black Leather GMC on the showroom floor in La., but since this is a company truck, I didn't want to push my luck. Got 121K on it and running like a top. Only issues I've had are broken CD player, and bearing failure on my A/C unit pulley. Only synthetic oil and 93+ octane gas. Need to post some recent pix. Put twin 6.0 stickers in front of the front tires, just above the bumper wrap, and an Aussie Holden 6.0 badge on the tailgate.

• 1 year later...

05 Black Chevy VHO. Bought it in Bastrop Texas. May of 05. It's an LT w/ cloth interior. There was a Black Leather GMC on the showroom floor in La., but since this is a company truck, I didn't want to push my luck. Got 121K on it and running like a top. Only issues I've had are broken CD player, and bearing failure on my A/C unit pulley. Only synthetic oil and 93+ octane gas. Need to post some recent pix. Put twin 6.0 stickers in front of the front tires, just above the bumper wrap, and an Aussie Holden 6.0 badge on the tailgate.

• 9 months later...

I bought my '04 in Tennessee new. Still have it and it is still the best-looking truck in the state! Mine ve er had the badges on it, although I wish I had them. My CD play has a Zack Brown disk in it that it can play but it can't seem to spit it out. No problems, but sometime the speedo is wrong... Love this truck....

I bought my '04 in Tennessee new. Still have it and it is still the best-looking truck in the state! Mine ve er had the badges on it, although I wish I had them. My CD play has a Zack Brown disk in it that it can play but it can't seem to spit it out. No problems, but sometime the speedo is wrong... Love this truck....

best one in the state huh? huh.gif

tongue.gif

glad to see another tennessean on the board! cheers.gif

let's see some pics!

best one in the state huh? huh.gif

tongue.gif

glad to see another tennessean on the board! cheers.gif

let's see some pics!

I will get some pics up someday. I would like to get together with you and see how your exhaust sounds. I want the gains that the exhaust would include, but I don't want that highway drone that some exhaust systems have. I want mine to be still relatively quiet at highway speeds inside the cabin, but still sound good when I wanna rev it up. I currently have no mods whatsoever...

Donald- try disconnecting your positive battery cable to get that CD out. Sometimes it works. How many miles do you have on your VHO? GM has an extended coverage on the dash guages with failling stepper motors.

I had an aluminized Gibson Dual-Sport system on my '04 GMC VHO, there was no highway drone noise what-so-ever. Sound great a wide-open throttle & mello at the stop lights.... :thumbsup:

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

Donald- try disconnecting your positive battery cable to get that CD out. Sometimes it works. How many miles do you have on your VHO? GM has an extended coverage on the dash guages with failling stepper motors.

I had an aluminized Gibson Dual-Sport system on my '04 GMC VHO, there was no highway drone noise what-so-ever. Sound great a wide-open throttle & mello at the stop lights.... :thumbsup:

My truck has 63,xxx on it. I do need to check with GM to see if there's anything I can do, but I think its probably too late. There are no more GM dealers in my town! I think there is one in Chattanooga, though. I should look around and check with them on Monday...

I will have to check out the Gibson stuff, too. I have never heard anything but good about them, thanks for the info...

I hope the battery cable disconnect will work, I sure don't want to take the dash apart just for that silly thing, lol... I will let you know how all this stuff goes...

• 1 month later...