2004 Vortec High Output

cchap

I have one of the 957 made. I live in North Louisiana and I know I have seen others here. Maybe they are 05 models. I was wondering if the 957 made is the correct number and if so how many live here in North Louisiana. Mine is black. How many are black? I love this truck. Drives like a sports car.

I had always been under the impression that GM made roughly 1,000 GMC & 1,000 Chevy VHO's in 2004? :dunno: They came in any ext. color too, ex: Indigo Blue (2004 & 2005 Spring Specials only).

My father has a black 2004 GMC SLT VHO, it originally came from a dealer in Eastern N.M. His truck has 65K on the clock.

I still have my white GMC SLT VHO too. I drove up into N.E. Oklahoma for mine. I have 57K on the odometer now...

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

when the first batch of VHO's came out in 04 it was for the texas area dealer(s), some texas dealers move some of them to other dealers.

the info on the VHO on my web site came from GM

the story goes a texas dealer went to gm about making the VHO's, he wanted the 6.0l in a plain jane 1500(same setup as the SS), GM told him ok but the first order has to be a min. of 957 trucks. He also did not want the trucks badge, so GM put the VHO side badge (2) in the glove box(Dealers can put it on or leave it off that way)

-tommy

"Pro Street", I bought my 2004 GMC VHO on Memorial day 2005 (May 25th). My father had driven through Tulsa, OK for me on a business trip looking for a Marine Blue Metallic GMC VHO in SLT trim. He took a pic of Ernie Millers lot for me & at that time (late 2004), there was a blue SLE, 1 white SLE, 1 white SLT, a red SLE, a black SLE or SLT, and a silver SLE.

How weird is that. That was probably the GREATEST # of new VHO's in 1 place back then!! :cool:

+ those 2005's had e-fans. :cool:

I almost bought a Pewter 2005 GMC VHO up in Chickasa, OK. It looked good with the 20's, and was loaded out too. However, she was just a SLE. My last GMC truck was an SLT (had leather) & those heated seats combined with the no static electricity hooked me- I couldn't go back to cloth.... LOL! :rolleyes: