New Edelbrock Pro-flo Xt Intake Manifold

im modded and on spray i rev to 6300 and am willing to give up a little tq for hp do to the fact i roll race the truck sometimes, i also plan on a cam, rockers and spring upgrade next so i am willing to take the chance on this intake, plus i dont have to change any acc for this intake that was one of the big selling points not to mention it looks bad ass i hate the truck manifold so if nothing else it will clean up the look and also make me feel better about spray, its aluminum not plastic, so it safer for spray and down the road i eventually want to go direct port injection, cant do that with the stock/ls2/ls6 intake only the fast which costs double not to mention id have to change all the acc so with that said i feel this is the perfect manifold for me at this stage of the game

post-15575-1242684074_thumb.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some statements by customers and Edelbrock regarding an L92 version of the XT:

Customer Statement:

Edelbrock's Response:

Edelbrock's Response to My Question:

i like how hte moron who stated they dont even make LS1s anymore. i wonder if he realizes that ppl still produce these motors and still use them. Its like the SBC they arent in a production vehicle but you still have ppl use them

im modded and on spray i rev to 6300 and am willing to give up a little tq for hp do to the fact i roll race the truck sometimes, i also plan on a cam, rockers and spring upgrade next so i am willing to take the chance on this intake, plus i dont have to change any acc for this intake that was one of the big selling points not to mention it looks bad ass i hate the truck manifold so if nothing else it will clean up the look and also make me feel better about spray, its aluminum not plastic, so it safer for spray and down the road i eventually want to go direct port injection, cant do that with the stock/ls2/ls6 intake only the fast which costs double not to mention id have to change all the acc so with that said i feel this is the perfect manifold for me at this stage of the game

there was a way to still be direct port with your typical intake. they are adapters you use with your injectors. its been awhile since i had seen them but they do have them out there

• 2 weeks later...
i don't mean to hijack this thread, but is this application worth it on a stock ss motor with a tune? I'll be adding a cam later this summer and possilbly a 408 next spring, would this work for that motor also?

Yeah I don't have FI either but have a FI cam, because I'm dumb... but I want to know if this is worth purchasing as well for a N/A truck.

Yeah I don't have FI either but have a FI cam, because I'm dumb... but I want to know if this is worth purchasing as well for a N/A truck.

Don't put yourself down like that, you had a plan for your truck, but things happened so you couldn't do what you wished. I wanted to have my motor done by this time already, but to this moment I am still piecing my valvetrain parts together slowly but surely because of a lack of funds. Sh*t happens, plain and simple......

I personally feel that the Edelbrock XT is worth it for an NA truck.....in fact, I plan on installing one once my motor plans are finally together. IMO, it can't flow worse then a stock truck intake, and I feel a cam will really benefit from one up top. The numbers are still coming out on these, I am interested to see more test results........

While this intake does fit, I have had quite a few problems with it. The GM 90mm throttle body does not bolt on. You need to slot two holes on the throttle body. You can not run truck style injectors. You also cannot run the fatty style LS1 injectors. You can either run stand skinny LS1 style injectors or pico injectors. I have one on my 414 and was impressed at first, but now I'm regretting the purchase.

• 2 weeks later...
While this intake does fit, I have had quite a few problems with it. The GM 90mm throttle body does not bolt on. You need to slot two holes on the throttle body. You can not run truck style injectors. You also cannot run the fatty style LS1 injectors. You can either run stand skinny LS1 style injectors or pico injectors. I have one on my 414 and was impressed at first, but now I'm regretting the purchase.

While this is true.. i talked to Richard at West Coast Racing and he mentioned that they made one that fits perfectly with our Ls based engines. All the problems that you mentioned are true with the old model. He will receive his shipment on Thursday so give him a call and order it. I ordered mine a few mins ago so im first in-line to receive it :D:driving: Any question, i wouldn't hesitate to call him. He's a great guy 1-818-705-5454

So. To use this intake on a stock N/A truck, their are a lot of extra parts needed to make it work, or it does not work at all?

New model bolts right on

I was thinking about ordering this intake, but now it seems to be more money an hassel than its worth?

Order it. They wont last long

• 3 weeks later...