New Edelbrock Pro-flo Xt Intake Manifold

i really want to see this installed under the hood of a sss, does it clear the hood? does it clear all our truck acessories what fad work is needed ect. i am seriously considering going this route due to the price and fab work needed to do a fast lsx swap and parts needed but all i want to see is a picture of this thing under the hood of a sss so bad who has one or is doing a install

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc..._chevy-ls.shtml

i like the way it looks i like the numbers its suposed to give and i like like like it but all i want is to see it under the hood and hear from someone who has put it into a truck

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

profloxt2.jpg

im guessing you havent seen these pics yet?

i was considering one just based on looks , but got an amazing deal on a sheetmetal with longer runners so i jumped on that .

power increases are still tbd on a stock lq9 and from a stock truck intake.

yup im sold thats what i want fuk the fast intake .........so what else is needed .....fuel rails, injectors tb ? any more pics? thank you chase

i could sell those engine covers to help with cost too lol

Edited by silverdream (see edit history)

i have read everything, every thread every thing from edelbrock i read it all took me half the day but in the end im sold!!!! on the look and the fact i dont have to change all the acc. and it will give me gains up top and its half the cost of the fast this will be my next purchase

i have read everything, every thread every thing from edelbrock i read it all took me half the day but in the end im sold!!!! on the look and the fact i dont have to change all the acc. and it will give me gains up top and its half the cost of the fast this will be my next purchase

my thoughts exactly. i just wish they would come out with a l92 version.

They already released an L92 vic jr. intake, so I am sure that the XT should follow soon

my fingers are crossed. i've talked with their r&d and they feed me some bs.

Some statements by customers and Edelbrock regarding an L92 version of the XT:

Customer Statement:

Does an engine have to be out 10 years before you make anything for it? And regarding the "call for questions" who uses the phone anymore? Internet is where its at. You guys are so behind the times its amazing....with your parts (this L92 intake) and your way of doing business. The market for them exists right now. By the time you start making them.....like this LS1 application....LS1s are not even being made anymore and new stuff is on the table and better. You will wonder why the sales of these wont be spectacular.....your 10 years to late.

Edelbrock's Response:

Although we may not posses your foresight and skills in marketing to the automotive aftermarket, we do spend a lot of time and resources in determining what products we offer and when the right time for us to manufacture and release them will be.

We also may be a bit "behind the times" in the way we do business and with the products we offer, but 2009 is the 71st year Edelbrock has been in the automotive aftermarket business and when something works, you tend to stick with it.

The internet has changed the way many businesses market their products and handle technical support issues. We tried that approach for several years, but the majority of our customers have let us know that they would rather speak to someone on the phone, rather than use the internet or e-mail to resolve issues.

We are still working on improving our presence on the internet, this forum as an example, and as our customers demand more internet driven help we will do our best to improve our on-line support options.

Thanks for your suggestions and observations, we are always glad to have feedback from our customers.

Edelbrock's Response to My Question:

...This is a possibility for 2009. Keep your eyes on our website for updates.

I will make sure to make note of this, as this also could be on our future R&D Projects...

well i ordered mine wont get it till june 6th but got it for 395 shipped and the rails for 108 shipped i will be doing a full install thread with dynos for real time numbers for everyone if anyone wants one for my prices let me know

so from what i'm reading and gathering, these aren't the best choice for a stock or near stock 6.0l. it sound slike all the hp/tq is built well up in the rpm range. I'd like to hear from someone who has done this on a near stock motor to see what the "real-world" gains are as opposed to edelbrocks views. I'm def interested if this nets me more low end tq where i can use it, i don't know about you guys, but my truck doesn't see past 6k's for very long.

I could be a guinea pig as Im completely stock...I just got the Edelbrock 2009 magazine and read the whole thing @ an overnight hospital stay and my eyes were wide open...I just have internal battles with myself if I should add any mods to my truck, I am a stock guy.