Silverado SS

FuzzyLogic

Hey all,

Not too sure if this is the right forum, but I'm a new member (obviously) considering buy a regular cab Silverado, and converting it into the SS Chevy should have made. I know this has been a much talked about subject, and I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction as to a forum, website, or thread with information concerning this.

Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated.

Heck yes it would. That is a beautiful, beautiful truck. Done anything special with the engine, suspension, etc? I'm really looking for something to replace the L... I love the AWD SS, but I want a regular cab... And I'm all about 350 or so NA power. Then, the supercharger/turbocharger installation...

Nice truck. I'm jealous.

What about modifying the engine/suspension? I've heard good things about the 6L engine... Would really like a strong NA performer, around 350-380HP or so, before forced induction. And I'd like it to handle as well...

Anyone have some input or advice about this? I know next to nothing about Chevy performance. Thanks.

do a bit of searching on here, you'll come up with quite a bit. one of my friends just picked up an 03' LQ9 engine, trans, and harness from an escalade to swap into his rcsb 2wd. it's not a difficult job, just pricey. either way, lots of info on here.

do a bit of searching on here, you'll come up with quite a bit. one of my friends just picked up an 03' LQ9 engine, trans, and harness from an escalade to swap into his rcsb 2wd. it's not a difficult job, just pricey. either way, lots of info on here.

Hey zippy, how much does a swap like that cost roughly?

Been trying to find information on this off and on all day... Oh well. Dunno why I want a project vehicle when I have a perfectly good Lightning in the driveway. Just love how those SS trucks look... Can't decide whether I want to go with a RWD or 4WD now... Especially knowing nothing about the LQ9 engine and available transmissions...

Thanks for the help, everyone.

Been trying to find information on this off and on all day... Oh well. Dunno why I want a project vehicle when I have a perfectly good Lightning in the driveway. Just love how those SS trucks look... Can't decide whether I want to go with a RWD or 4WD now... Especially knowing nothing about the LQ9 engine and available transmissions...

what you want to do is go out and find an old beat up work truck, that has a vee six and then transplant all of the stuff from the SS, IE transfercase, your choice of transmission, single cab driveshafts, and then put on the front facia and the clading and bam you got what I wish I would have done, a much lighter, better handling version of the SS... :thumbs:

what you want to do is go out and find an old beat up work truck, that has a vee six and then transplant all of the stuff from the SS, IE transfercase, your choice of transmission, single cab driveshafts, and then put on the front facia and the clading and bam you got what I wish I would have done, a much lighter, better handling version of the SS... :thumbs:

I'd go for rear wheel drive. Eventually you'll overpower the AWD T-case, wish they made a heavy duty one.

I'd either like to do a 6.0L and the 4L80E or a 98+ setup from an F-Body, 5.7L and T56. Either way it looks like It'll have to be a swap. I'm thinking about doing what vette dude suggested but grab a pre 2002 with a V8, I think the V6 might have different engine mounts.

There's a 2500 2WD with a 6.0L and a 4L80E, but it's a long bed and 8 lug wheels. Two things that don't help out in the looks department.

Archived