Stall Converter?

a 3000 stall will drop your ET by about .5

a 2600 will drop by .3 - .4

a 2400 will drop by .2 - .3 also is about half the cost of a 3000 stall

and the 2400 will look like the factory stall.

I am still not sure what stall i am going to get but this is about all i know hope this helped you

I think I might try to save up for the 3000. How much do yall think i could sell my factory stall for? Or is that a bad idea?

Since I have a Superchip, should I get the shift kit from transgo? If so, how much time would it cut off?

Im also trying to find a shop around here that can give me a custom tune.

I think I might try to save up for the 3000. How much do yall think i could sell my factory stall for? Or is that a bad idea?

Since I have a Superchip, should I get the shift kit from transgo? If so, how much time would it cut off?

Go with the 3k stall, you wont be sorry. You can pick up a tci streetfighter from summit for about 550.00. I have been running one in my 4l80 trans and am very happy with it. I still do alot of towing with the truck too. I would keep the stock stall. If you ever sell the truck you can always put it back in, and use the higher stall in another truck. For your tuning, give Allen at Nelson Performance a call.

Go with the 3k stall, you wont be sorry. You can pick up a tci streetfighter from summit for about 550.00. I have been running one in my 4l80 trans and am very happy with it. I still do alot of towing with the truck too. I would keep the stock stall. If you ever sell the truck you can always put it back in, and use the higher stall in another truck. For your tuning, give Allen at Nelson Performance a call.

How does your truck tow with the 3000 stall converter? I also have a 3000 and I dont even think I would try to tow anything with it now.

How does your truck tow with the 3000 stall converter? I also have a 3000 and I dont even think I would try to tow anything with it now.

Adam - He has a 4L80 tranny, which is a whole different animal. I may get a 3k stall and still plan to do some moderate towing. I have a boat that weighs about 2k with trailer. I'm not too concerned. I'll just have to watch my tranny temps. I think moderate towing you should be okay with the 3k, I just wouldn't push it, and I'd watch my temps closely. A bigger tranny cooler would help. Which I know you already have done right? Yank's Pro Truck 3000 stalls claim to be able to handle 7000lbs towing. That may be the one I get.

Some guy just told me that a converter wouldn't help me in the 1/4 :wtf: I think he was a little slow. He said he could get me a 3000 daico(or something like that) for $300( :eek: ) but then he said he would install it for $350. :sigh: What do yall think about that converter and that price? Is that too much for install? I found a stall on summit for $454, its a 3000 to 3500. Should I get that and find someone else to install it cheaper or is that the cheapest install I will find? Thanks for any help.

I tow my 4000lb boat with my 3000 stall and I have no problems. You just have to learn how to tow with it. You have to pick your gears more often than letting the computer do it because when it unlocks the converter you end up burning a lot of gas. . .

I also plan on towing my blazer with the truck too.

stock around .3 to .4, modded (especially with cam) .5 easy. might even get .5 out of a stock one. certainly do a shift kit with a converter though and have the tq management programmed out.

Archived