Any Gm Parts Guys Here?

rpss4844

My truck is in the body shop and has been there for almost 4 weeks now. they say they are waiting on bumper support and harware etc. They are saying it is goin to be july for they are able to get these parts. can someone please help me find a place to get this stuff.

If your wondering all of my original stuff is trash so im goin to need all new.

Edited by rpss4844 (see edit history)

My truck is in the body shop and has been there for almost 4 weeks now. they say they are waiting on bumper support and harware etc. They are saying it is goin to be july for they are able to get these parts. can someone please help me find a place to get this stuff.

If your wondering all of my original stuff is trash so im goin to need all new.

I work in a GMC parts dept. Send me a list of the stuff you need and a VIN. I can at least give you an idea of why it is taking so long to get them. Chances are like most things now, your stuff is on back order. I have run into this alot lately and it is hard to get your hands on stuff.

Rob

I work for GM parts and all you need to do is, a "spac" case. and know you to talk to. Also you can do a dealer connect. Need to work for Gm in parts to do this.

im gonna check on what all they are waiting for in the morning and i will get back with ya and send a pm or something. hopefully on e of ya can help me.

Won't a SPAC case only work if another dealer has the parts and is willing to give them up? If no one has the parts, then a SPAC case wont solve it. A D2D will only tell you if another dealer has it. If another dealer shows it on hand, and are willing to get rid of it, then SPAC will credit them back for it and ship and bill it to the dealer looking for it. I would assume if the truck has been laid up for so long, then the case has already gone to SPAC with no responses.

Rob

Won't a SPAC case only work if another dealer has the parts and is willing to give them up? If no one has the parts, then a SPAC case wont solve it. A D2D will only tell you if another dealer has it. If another dealer shows it on hand, and are willing to get rid of it, then SPAC will credit them back for it and ship and bill it to the dealer looking for it. I would assume if the truck has been laid up for so long, then the case has already gone to SPAC with no responses.

Rob

:withstupid: That's tghe case with a couple of my backorders. Dealers have them, but aren't willing to give them up. In a case like that all you can do is wait, as you've done all you can do.

alright here are my results.

89045660 The body shop is calling it a front rebar but i guess i would call it a bumper support

12335767 Driver side brake/air duct

12335692 Center step pad for rear bumper

my vin is 2GCEK19N631373704

They said that that the bumper support comes with the needed brackets to bolt up the ss bumper. They found a used one but it didnt have the needed brackets. Thanks for all the help guys!

Ok here is what I found.

Part #'s 89045660 & 12335767 both show no availability. What this means, is that no warehouse in the US shows them in stock. However, I searched other dealers inventory and their are some nationally that show having them. My suggestion would be to see if they can open what is called a SPAC case on those 2 part #'s. The part's dept doing this can then call the dealers that show them in stock and ask them if they are willing to give up the part. There is no guarantee that anyone will want to give them up, but if they do GM will buy the parts back from them and sell them to whoever is looking for them. This process could take some time and may already have been tryed. If not, then the only thing that you can do is wait for GM to make more of that part # or make a new part for it. If that is the case, you may want to look into some other options.

Part # 3 - I see no reason why you should not be able to get this. I show 3 warehouses nationally that have these in stock (MA, PA, WV). Now depending on when this was ordered and where you are from, it may take some time to get them to your body shop, but they should be able to get their hands on this, with some ease. If not the same methods as stated above may be tried.

Good luck and let me know how you make out. I hope this helps.

Rob

Can you pm those dealerships that show the parts. Can i try calling them and just try buying them on the phone? If i know which ones have them then maybe i can relay that on to the body shop and help them out. I have free flying privaledges so i can even fly to where they are and get it. I am very desperate to get these, my truck has been at the body shop for over 4 weeks now, most of which is waiting on parts.

Also can you let me know some more specifics on that 3rd part in the wharehouses.

Thanks for all your help!!

If you personally were to call dealerships and look for these parts, then they would sell them to you at list price or higher. As far as the third part that is in the warehouse, there is no way of buying it directly. What ever parts dept your body shop is using will order the part and which ever warehouse has it and is closet to them. How long ago did they order the third part? Ask them to check with their parts dept and see if any cases have been opened with GM about these parts.

Rob

yea im gonna check on that step pad. As far as the price of the parts, i just need them asap price is really not much concern as i will take that up with the body shop or insurance company.

i filed my insurance claim on march 1st, took 2 weeks for an adjuster to look at it (due to some bad storms and hail here). been in the body shop ever since. i have Geico ins.

yea im gonna check on that step pad. As far as the price of the parts, i just need them asap price is really not much concern as i will take that up with the body shop or insurance company.

i filed my insurance claim on march 1st, took 2 weeks for an adjuster to look at it (due to some bad storms and hail here). been in the body shop ever since. i have Geico ins.

Did you check gmpartsdirect.com?

Rob

12335767 is the one I have ordered for a customer that is on backorder til September. I have a SPAC case on it, and 7 dealers in the country show it. 4 of them are shut down (Bill Heard Chevrolet), and 3 wont let it go for a SPAC.