Z06 Brake Upgrade Brackets

dkkustoms

I understand that the front is 15"-6piston, and the rear is 14"-4piston, but what i meant to ask was if this rear set up makes enough contact unlike when the 14" was originally paired with the 6piston fronts.

I have no problem with that, but I bet Ray will. He is a pretty reasonable guy and always willing to help.

What?????????????????????? haha I'll just wait till everything is ready to go and i'll get in contact with both of you.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that the front is 15"-6piston, and the rear is 14"-4piston, but what i meant to ask was if this rear set up makes enough contact unlike when the 14" was originally paired with the 6piston fronts.

What?????????????????????? haha I'll just wait till everything is ready to go and i'll get in contact with both of you.

HAHA. That does look weird. I meant I have no problem doing that for you, but I bet Ray will ship them to Alaska. He is a pretty reasonable guy and always willing to help. When I ordered my rotors from him he called me back the same day just to let me know they were in stock and shipping out the next business day. Can't remember last time someone did that.

I already talked to ray about the rotors shipped to Alaska on my fedex account, but I was asking if your source for the calipers would ship to AK since you said the price was shipped to the lower 48.. Unless ray is your source for those also haha. Has anyone tried contacted John aka kelleyperformance to see if he could find a deal on the banjo bolts and crush washers? He's always been helpful to me when I needed part numbers and such

I already talked to ray about the rotors shipped to Alaska on my fedex account, but I was asking if your source for the calipers would ship to AK since you said the price was shipped to the lower 48.. Unless ray is your source for those also haha. Has anyone tried contacted John aka kelleyperformance to see if he could find a deal on the banjo bolts and crush washers? He's always been helpful to me when I needed part numbers and such

last I spoke with John he told me that the dealership was closed now.

I bought mine at GMpartsdirect.com. They were cheap, but the shipping killed it. If someone was to buy a bunch in bulk to save the shipping costs to everyone else, it would be the best bet, IMHO.

last I spoke with John he told me that the dealership was closed now.

I bought mine at GMpartsdirect.com. They were cheap, but the shipping killed it. If someone was to buy a bunch in bulk to save the shipping costs to everyone else, it would be the best bet, IMHO.

Daym that sucks... I'd buy them in bulk but I live in Alaska so the cost for me to ship out individually would defeat the whole purpose of the entire purchase haha.

Oh yeah, any updates on the brackets? :D

Daym that sucks... I'd buy them in bulk but I live in Alaska so the cost for me to ship out individually would defeat the whole purpose of the entire purchase haha.

Oh yeah, any updates on the brackets? :D

Got a pallet full of pre-cut pieces waiting to be milled. Unfortunately my boss want to use the machine to prototype a few parts. Saw what I was doing and got a few ideas for some stuff he wanted to make. He should be done today or early next week. But I can't complain since he is letting me use the machine for free. I just have to pay for coolant tooling, etc. Basically so its not costing him to let me use it. Good news though. The shop is getting some new tumbling media which will give a better final product. The also found a shop to anodize their parts and hopefully I can sneak my parts in with their order and get a better price.

Got a pallet full of pre-cut pieces waiting to be milled. Unfortunately my boss want to use the machine to prototype a few parts. Saw what I was doing and got a few ideas for some stuff he wanted to make. He should be done today or early next week. But I can't complain since he is letting me use the machine for free. I just have to pay for coolant tooling, etc. Basically so its not costing him to let me use it. Good news though. The shop is getting some new tumbling media which will give a better final product. The also found a shop to anodize their parts and hopefully I can sneak my parts in with their order and get a better price.

This just gets better and better! keep us posted bro! :cheers:

If you can give me a part number, i can ask my buddy at the stealership if he can get a bulk discount on crush washers and banjo bolts. Also, how many sets will i need total to give him an idea of how many to order?

also, dk, what is the price of the brackets shipped? Do we need to change the brake booster/master cylinder over also?

Edited by INDYSS03 (see edit history)

for anybody doing the z06 swap, i talked to a local stealership, and he can get me the banjo bolts for around 6.00/ea and the crush washers for .44/ea, if i remember right (i left the paper at work) it was around 32.00 for everything needed. I would need to order 40-60 to get the deal, so basically 10 people would need them for mwe to get that deal. If you want me to, i can get them and ship them out for you guys, I'm sure it wouldn't be that much to ship.

Joe

Hey guys, I'm a new member and was just reading this topic. I'm not sure if you have enough signed up for the package rates, but I needed to get new rotors and brakes for mine. I would love to do a Z06 brake upgrade. I havent seen the final price though, is it under $1,500 to have all rotors/calipers/brackets/and anything else i'm missing replaced? If so, count me in. I'm not sure if it matters, but I have 22" rims and also plan on doing a 2/3 drop while I have the truck in the garage for repairs. Thanks

Hey guys, I'm a new member and was just reading this topic. I'm not sure if you have enough signed up for the package rates, but I needed to get new rotors and brakes for mine. I would love to do a Z06 brake upgrade. I havent seen the final price though, is it under $1,500 to have all rotors/calipers/brackets/and anything else i'm missing replaced? If so, count me in. I'm not sure if it matters, but I have 22" rims and also plan on doing a 2/3 drop while I have the truck in the garage for repairs. Thanks

I think it has been costing most guys $2300 -2500 for everything . that includes Zo6 calipers / baer rotors / custom brackets / pads / SS lines and banjo's .