Box In Your K&n Cai (pics)

timtactical

Pretty easy to do just keeps warmer air from getting under your engine shield, so you get colder air from your headlights. Cost about 2.50 from home depot for the plexi glass, but could use other materials. The bracket on the right keeps the shield from moving around and the vertical bracket locks it all inplace. I first made a template from card board then transfered it to the plexi glass.

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0601.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

IMG_0604.jpg

In the last pic you can see the huge hole that all the warm air would enter from, and is now blocked by the plexi shield.

IMG_0605.jpg

I was going to do that, but thats the same as not having the engine shield. I plan on cutting a 3-4 inch hole through the bottom plate and the plexi and running a tube down to my lower valance so when I drive, cold air is forced into the box. Right now I am just pulling air from between my headlights, but kinda holding off may change to a ram air hood.

Edited by timtactical (see edit history)

when i mountedmy AEM CAI it said in the instruction to remove that bottom metal plate. If you run a tube from your lower valance you will run into the same problem that the guys with the volant ram air intake have with water on the filter.