What Intake Manifold To Go With

i have a lunati voodoo 272/278 cam and a 3200 stall. the cams power band is 3500-6500. what intake manifold would be the best for this setup? i was thinking the vic jr becasue ive heard it is designed for top end power (3500 plus) and thats right at my cams power band and with the 3200 stall it shouldnt take me to long to get up to the sweet spot for both the cam and intake.

I do not have real world experience with this, but have been researching the same on my application. Best answer so far is to abandon the truck intakes, and go with either the FAST-90, LS6, or VicJr in that order. Again my opinion. You are asking the right question, everyone is so focused on camming and heads they forget that one of the biggest secrets to the LS motor is the intake design, it's the major reason why these motors get over 100% VE at peak torque. The intake you select is going to have a major influence on what RPM the motor makes peak torque.

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

ok so i read every post and all the links but for the most part it might as well be written in german. I see the victor jr flows better then all the intakes with the ls6 second. But it also appears that the spyder maf(victor look alike) is bringing up the bottom of the hp chart from 2800 to like 5400. how is it that the intake that flows the best is bringing up the bottom of the chart at 4000+ rpm?

I've been trying to decide on a intake for my truck but beating my head against the wall reading this info. I have a specific and i think narrow rpm band that i want to target but i can't make up my mind on what i want. I only have to worry about 4000 to 6300 rpm on my set up, 1st gear shift point is 6300, second is 6200 and third is 6100 i believe, and i cross the lights at 5700 in third. i can't afford the fast set up so thats out, but i was leaning towards the victor jr with the 90 degree elbow, i thought this would provide the higher rpm power that i want, but it seems from that hp graph the the ls6 would be better in my rpm range even with the 78mm tb. What do you guys think and most important why do you think it? And like i said the low end is of no use to me with a 4000 stall.

I also was thinking about the new edelbrock intake proflow xt but have no info on it other then it's power band is 500 rpm lower the victor jr.

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc..._chevy-ls.shtml

I'm also thinking the ls6 will not suffer from heat like the either of the edelbrocks but when i race i make one run and then let the truck cool down for an hour before the next run.

... I only have to worry about 4000 to 6300 rpm on my set up, 1st gear shift point is 6300, second is 6200 and third is 6100 i believe, and i cross the lights at 5700 in third. ...

Then I would seriously consider the TBSS intake, since you have stock cubes...

Mr. P.