Paint Progress Pics

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to see your truck before you had all this done and never got to see it. now im gonna really want to see it when it all gets done I would go to work late just to see that thing. definatly be one of the best lookin trucks on the site when it gets done.

wow just wow that will be sick.. I love love that hood. I have also thought about shaving the bed rails.. I don't use them so why not.. Hey question I emailed you a while back but what type of popper should I pick up for the tail gate. Any info you be great. thanks. again :omg: :omg: :thumbs::eek: :eek:

thanks for all the compliments guys. i am heading to orlando in the morning so i wont have many update pics till i get back on Easter. we are hoping it is in primer when i return. i have left him a camera and he has been taking alot of pics so i cant wait. also he has promised to get me some via phone message so i can see progress.

as for tailgate poppers, i havent looked into them. i would look at the AutoLoc brand. i have used them in doors before, but never in my tailgate. i simply relocated the handle to the inside. BUT i MIGHT be motorizing the tailgate if i can find a fail safe way to do it. hmmmmm...

and the HOOD, I LOVE it! cant wait to see it complete and all cleaned up underneath...

the revealing will be the meet here in Des Moines on April 25th! so now the question is, do i try to get into another Magazine??

• 2 weeks later...
img-resized.png Reduced 77%post-5722-1238566227_thumb.jpg

How did you mount the racegate so close to the piping, i was looking at mine earlier and it is going to have to be welded over a 1/4" away to get all the screws in?

Thanks,

Jed

custom built allen wrench :)

Some verbal updates.

the BSer rollpan is NOT a bolt on piece, IMO it fits for CRAP! we have been fighting this thing for a few days and have decided to basically rebuild the ends so they line up properly. it is a good solid piece, the fit and finish is just terrible though. (again opinion of mine)

the hood is becoming a prime focus right now, we have decided to take it one step further and have the Lexan window be replaceable or removable. we figure this way, it can be changed if i decide to go with like a tinted red lexan or a smoked lexan, or simply leave it out. this will be our focus tonight as the resins and glues dry on the roll pan work.

the fuel door has been relocated, the old door is welded and smoothed out, the location of the fuel cap is behind the tail light on the drivers side. I have some suprises up my sleeve that i dont want to hint at until i can pull of the tail light idea. stay tuned for that, but if i can do it, (and i am sure i can) it will be BAD ASS! I had to cut some of the bed panel out to do what i need to have done, but it will be removable anyway, should the hose work ever need servicing. we are welding in some bungs with clevite latches to make this happen.

the street scenes smooth cowl looked a lil ricey so i opened up the holes to be ovals and will be back filled with some mesh once the color goes on. i just couldnt do the round holes, they look much better IMO.

Here are some more pics for you all to enjoy, we are still hopeing to have this revealed at the 25th central Iowa Meet, my hopes arent too high though and to those of you attending, i WILL NOT take it out half ass done, if it isnt ready it wont come out. sorry! my plans are next week living on no sleep to get her ready. we will see. cross your fingers... all thats left is the roll pan and the hood...

post-5722-1239803233_thumb.jpg

post-5722-1239803257_thumb.jpg

post-5722-1239803267_thumb.jpg

post-5722-1239803273_thumb.jpg

you gonna have it done by the Iowa meet??? :fingersx:

I can't wait to see it in person

cross your fingers!!! we are trying! alot to do in a lil time, if its not 100%, it wont be at the meet. i just dont want to not be done and disappoint everyone. we will see tho. I plan on weds, thurs and Friday of next week being all night events. or at least till the wife kicks my ass for working soo late on it!

wish me luck!