A really good blow job

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude,

I was so anxious last night I took out some of the tubing and fitted the blow off valve and the waste gate man it looks so sweet.

I will take some pics tonight and send them off to snoopy and he can post all for us I hope he wont mind

ssblackss

Thats great, you have to get some pics up of that thing for all to see.

I was thinking today at work i wonder if you would be able to take a turbo off a diesel. I wonder if there is any way to rig that thing up to a 6.0 engine. Now that would be sweet.

:jester:

Thats great, you have to get some pics up of that thing for all to see.

I was thinking today at work i wonder if you would be able to take a turbo off a diesel. I wonder if there is any way to rig that thing up to a 6.0 engine. Now that would be sweet.

:jester:

You can put any turbo you want on there if you have the ability to do some welding and cutting... :jester:

Of course, then you would have to put together the rest of the kit necessary to make the turbo work properly - exhaust flanges, intake air ducting, pressurized air duct from turbo to intake manifold, intercooler, heat shielding, BOV, wastegate, injectors, tuning... I'm sure I missed a few things.

I suppose you could always ask STS or another supplier if they would sell you their turbo kit without the turbo...? :jester:

Hey guys i noticed a few of you have some concerns about turbo lag on this system. Well I talked to one of the guys at STS a few months ago and he had a good point. He said with a 4cyl. engine like in a civic, turbo lag would be very noticeable but in the big v8's it isn't so bad because the engine is producing a lot more hp and also low end torque. It makes sense to me!

Dude,

I was so anxious last night I took out some of the tubing and fitted the blow off valve and the waste gate  man it looks so sweet.

I will take some pics tonight and send them off to snoopy and he can post all for us I hope he wont mind

ssblackss

No I don't mind at all, but if you don't send them, I can't post them. :smash:

Well they are or can be 2 very different animals. Im guessing the radix is for high hp gains maybe 500hp range and therefore it needs to come with inline fuel booster pump, higher flow injectors new engine tuning and so on. the STS can be bought in stock form to run on a standard vehicle ie no mods but the turbo kit and around 5psi. Now I have opted for the larger hp gain and have gone for 7psi on the low side and 9 psi on the high, larger injectors, new tune, bigger fuel pump, dual stage boost and a water methanol injection kit and some other things this in turn will raise the price, This being said the kits are goint to be at simular price points if you are looking for good hp gains around 500 hp. Then I guess its up to you if you prefer turbo or supercharged applications. I have absolutely nothing against S/C's i am just a turbo guy and have been for many years and owning them and tuning them I just love 'em. plus its basically free power plus when driving normally you can possibly see an increase in MPG, now that has to be good.

:cheers:

Jonathan

The base kit price for the chevy is I think around $3595 or $3895

you can check at www.ststurbo.com or call them at 1866 WE TURBO and ask to speak to Dave say Jonathan or Allen sent you they will hook you up with a cool kit

Lee,

I think the best route for you to go is with a kit that comes 100% complete. The other thing is the costs of install. I would think that a Radix kit would be much cheaper to install than one that would take some modification. The Radix requires none - it's a bolt-on. That's the way I would go.

Archived