A really good blow job

Hmmm,

I don't think it would be a good idea to prepaint one for you since each truck is a little different and it might not fit quite right. But I have a black one on my truck; if it will fit I'll sell you that one and finish another one for my truck. That way you won't be out for the paint if our trucks are a little different.

The flip up tag can be ordered at any time from Stylin Concepts or I can order it as well as the hidden hitch and have it all installed here. It's a lot easier to get that bumper and assembly off if you have a lift and air tools.

The cost of the roll pan is $320 including shipping. You can save $30 by picking it up here. I paid $150 to have it fit and painted so that's what I'll charge you.

If you don't carry a spare you get over 150lb weight reduction. About 88lbs for the spare and 60lbs for the bumper and associated hardware. On the trip back just throw the spare in the bed; that's what several of the other guys do (including me).

Let me know if you want a roll pan and I'll set one aside.

Bob

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I saw that over on LS1tech. I think you better get some tranny work done soon. That many ponies on stock internals, and assuming yours will be slightly more, doesn't sound all that safe either. Of course, it's like everything else, it's all how you drive it. Your tranny may go first, though. Who knows, right?

Looking forward to a duel. I'll make sure I bring jets for a 150shot, if I get a nitrous kit.

the only thing that concerns me with that dyno graph is if you look at the powerband it is very short and starts dropping power off drastically at 4800 rpm. i wonder what size turbo they ran with this kit, it could be to small ??

I'm not an expert by any means, but I think a good cam selection could move the power band out and make it have a more gradual decline, and not so peaky. Although it peaks really quick, numbers are still pretty impressive at 5500rpm.

I'm not an expert by any means, but I think a good cam selection could move the power band out and make it have a more gradual decline, and not so peaky. Although it peaks really quick, numbers are still pretty impressive at 5500rpm.

:withstupid:

It is a pretty huge decline, but those are still very impressive numbers at 5500 rpm's.

Damn, the more I look at that, it just seems like that 5.3L truck this is one is going to loose that tranny so fast it'll make his head spin. 580ftlbs of torque seems like an awful lot for an untouched 4L60E. Now add slicks for track and that thing is going to explode. Just me, I guess. I think he said he had plans for a 4L80E.

Y'all need to bare in mind that he is running 15lbs boost nothing else its all boost and a heck of a lot of it most of us won't do any where near that number I will be about 10lbs with methanol, more fuel pressure and bigger injectors and I hope to see somewhere near there but with a more flatter power and torque curve. Not sure how we will see dyno figures I am not removing the front shaft for a dyno run.

Should be a fun drive back on Sat/Sun. Leaving early am tomorrow to be at the shop by 9-10 am

Wish us all luck and keep close to the thread its gonna be HUGE I tell ya HUGE

:seeya:

Jonathan

I just spoke to Dave at STS and got the low down on the that silverado...

The Turbo he has on that truck is anly good for about 400 hp its the basic turbo that STS make. The reason the power drops of is that the turbo is too small for that amount of HP and it basically cant provide any more of anything it is way maxed out. A larger turbo on that truck will show a flatter torque and power curve prob. another 50 HP and more power longer instead of dropping of as sharp as it does now

Basically its 100+ hp over worked and thats the reason for that wacked out show of power. But dudes and dudettes 500+ hp is awsome :lol: which ever way you slice it

Gotta love a turbo

Archived