Led Courtesy/mirror Lights

Stitches040

Hey all ... As you could see in NebraSSka's write-up (... LINKY ...), he put in some LED Mirror/Courtesy Lights ...

These were a snap to replace .... Here is a quick How-To in Pic form ... (Sorry for the crappy Pics. and dirty truck)

I replaced the factory bulbs with the 6 LED Festoon bulbs (42mm) - 6000K. I got them off of Ebay ( >> ) for $11.00 each. (use the Make Offer button, and enter the $11.00, it will take it. It will not take $10.75)

This same bulb can replace the Dome bulb inside your truck's cab.

#1 - Factory Light

March26008.jpg

#2 - Unclip and then gently pry out backside with a thin Regular Screwdriver ... Gently

March26009.jpg

#3 - Unplug lightbulb housing.

March26012.jpg

#4 - Lightbulb inside of housing.

March26011.jpg

#5 - Unscrew housing, replace 211-2 Bulb with LED Bulb, then re-screw top back on.

March26014.jpg

March26013.jpg

#6 - Reconnect wires (remember that the Bulb Housing will only go in One-way [direction] into the hole. So line that up first, so you don't have to twist the bulb, which will in turn, twist the wires)

March26015.jpg

#7 - Place back into hole, until it "Clicks into place" - (remember that the Bulb Housing will only go in One-way [direction] into the hole.)

March26016.jpg

#8 - Shaa-Zaam ... It's all done. Your new LED Mirror/Courtesy Lights.

March26017.jpg

March26018.jpg

Seriously ... this was a whopping 10 minute job.

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

I love the pic how to.. Nicely done Shuan. How much brighter are those than the stock? (It's hard to tell from the before and after pic) I might have to jump on that easy mod. :cheers:

I would say it's at least 5x's Brighter, if not more... But what is really nice, is how crisp and clean the light is.

Like I said .. this 42mm Festoon bulb will replace the Dome light, in the cab. Also, I'm doing all the 168/194 bulbs ... Kind of expensive, but the look is so much better.

I am looking into the Reverse Lights (3157) bulbs .. just because once you do one with LED's, all will look cool that way.

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

Nice write up/how to Shuan. I just did the mirror lamps and dome light myself. I did a little bit different LED then you did. Mine are the Cool White 7000k High Power 6-led Festoon bulbs $14.95 ea. They are 10x brighter and have a very clean white look. I now have to find matching 194 bulbs for the map lights and lower door lights.

great write up Shuan!! as you already know, I ordered LED's to convert over my dome, map, doors, mirrors, glove box, rear side markers, and reverse lights.

:thumbs:

:withstupid: Great write up. I just replaced mine in about 5 mins. Keith do you have any part numbers for all those and where did you get them? I'd like to upgrade all mine as well!! :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...