Bose Door Speakers Occasionaly Sounds Blown ?

About 2 weeks ago in the cold morning it seemed like my left front tweeter was blown, it was all muffled and out of sync with the rest of the speakers, I thought maybe it was frozen it was so cold out. I ran the defrost on high and ten mins later it was better. Everything has been sounding great for 2 weeks now. Now this morning (cold again) My left front door speaker sounds blown very similar to the time before. What could this be??? I wonder if this time it will fix itself again ? Could it be something other then the speakers. Or just the cold and humidity.

I had both passenger speakers replaced. Both had the muffled "blown" sound to the tweeters. They sometimes made noise and other times were not too noticable, however when I pointed them out to the dealership they swapped both immediatley.

I had both passenger speakers replaced. Both had the muffled "blown" sound to the tweeters. They sometimes made noise and other times were not too noticable, however when I pointed them out to the dealership they swapped both immediatley.

So I went to get new speakers today. The guy pulled my pillar molding off unhooking my tweeter. I thought it would be best to show him the noise it was making to make sure it actually was the speaker not the HU or factory amp. And the noise wasn't there. I have a stereo ghost?????

I sat at the dealership in the parking lot for around 20 minutes, just trying to get the noise to creep out. The tech probably thought I was crazy at first, but 3 different music genres later the noise came back. He said immediatley "we will order them."

Try to find a cd that predominatley makes the noise, and when you go back to the tech play that cd. I hated that ghost, thing was a PITA.

I had the same issues with my drivers door speaker...............It turned out that it was blown, so I had a friend hook me up with some Memphis Audios up front, and some JBL's for the rear.........Still sounds great with the factory HU and amp....

Thanks guys I'll do that.

I was going to get them to install the front components because i'm a little confused how the factory system is wired up. It isn't a standard cross over right. They said the front door speakers didn't have a full range feed. I was going to go with the infinity 2 ohm reference components. And install the rears myself because it was straight forward.

• 11 years later...

I have had an issue with my rear passenger side speaker distorting.  For that last few years, I have just had the fader turned to the front speakers to mostly avoid the distortion.  But you guys inspired me to pop the door panel and take a look at the speaker.  Turns out the speaker has a plastic frame (basket) that has cracked a lot. So the coil no longer stays aligned in the magnet.  By twisting the plastic frame, I could make is sound good.  But it is highly unlikely that glue would fix such extensive cracking, so I bought a new speaker.  

Yeah, still using the stock system, but my ears are not that great anymore (can only hear up to 12khz), so it is good enough for me.  And nobody wants to steal the stock stereo ;D   But take care of your ears, you only get one pair and when you lose hearing, it is gone forever.

Edited by dcairns (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...