Chase's 427 Lsx Twin Turbo Build

04CHASE

nice find alan , i bet they charge a fair amount of change for it though. all i need to find is a crashed 2wd ss or vho . everything will pretty much bolt up . just need to buy an after market gear set and tru trac.

i may just try and break the 10 bolt though . its not like someone is look ing to by one lol.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the replies guys, this is what helps me do this a couple more parts to add

1242779053630.jpg

1242779086673.jpg

nothing much

mezier electric water pump

and switching to moal tie bar lifters.

also switching to a complete hydroboost setup. squeezing every last ounch of hp out of this

also switching to a complete hydroboost setup. squeezing every last ounch of hp out of this

Hey chase can you document all that is needed for the hydroboost setup. I prefer it over vacuum assist, especially since both the GMC and the BMW both have it. Plus, at 10inHg for vacuum in the SSS, the brakes could handle better.

I really like those Mezier water pumps. I heard of some pros and cons to them, but the day I build my LQ4, that's what I plan on running. :D

what have you heard that wasnt good?

no nitrous on this setup . i can just up the boost and have the same effect without the shock of a nitrous hit. 20-24 psi on the high side is goal. but most likly lower for daily .

Hey chase can you document all that is needed for the hydroboost setup. I prefer it over vacuum assist, especially since both the GMC and the BMW both have it. Plus, at 10inHg for vacuum in the SSS, the brakes could handle better.

I will be doing it in the future as well. I have like No vacuum at idle and cruise. The first time my foot went to the floor, I thought of how necessary the hydroboost set-up is with a big cam.

what have you heard that wasnt good?

He must be referring to the earlier versions. The early design had a flaw where they would not last too long on the street (pump motor fails). The design you (and I) have has been tested to death and lasts thousands of hours in a street set-up.

Chase, How come the Morrell lifters over say LS7's? Did ya get a good deal?

not a great deal kevin , just tie bar lifters were a must for my engine. everything i am using is pretty much top of the line and moral lifters have the best rep.

still debating on rockers. maybe use the yella terra's i have or get something different.