Chase's 427 Lsx Twin Turbo Build

04CHASE

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i thought it was purrty too. i know it wont rid heat as weel as a composite intake but they had a few examples of stock ls2 intakes that pushed the 18+ psi mark and one of them's top shell was blown off about 25 ft in the air under a wot run in a sand rail.

this intake normally costs 3k bare aluminum with no polish or rails . they had a few different styles to choose from and i went with this one that had the longer intake runners for more bottom end. i wont say what i got this one for but it was a little more than a fully setup fast goes for without a tb since i already have an ls2/ls7 style . so this will be re-polished and clear coated. i also have a picture of the block that has been setup for everything and waiting on main studs so the short block should be done this week.

now the truck itself is in horrible shape , hasnt been washed in months . im ashamed to say it . the tonnoeu and hood need a new paint job as well. just dont have anywhere to store it at this momment . soon to change and

progress is being made finallly.

no intake is made by a local guy i was told. synergy is nor cal.

i havent seen the intake on any n/a cars at all just one TT 4xx lsx motor that made 1200 to the wheels with gt -40's

short block is done!!!

waiting on head gaskets and trying to find a set of tie bar morel lifters. we may go with a dual roller timing chain , im still uncertain .

shows the callies dragonslayer, lunati pro billets

lsxtop.jpg

lsxbottom2.jpg

lsxbottom1.jpg

lsxbottomclose.jpg

here is a lsx head stud vs a bbc stud which is what we are using plus the extra 2 bolts per cylinder

lsxstudvsbbcstud.jpg

anyone know where i can pick up a 14 bolt for cheap ? id like not to break my 10 bolt before i try . but i dont plan to spend alot on the 14 bolt becasue it may not stay for long either.

anyone know where i can pick up a 14 bolt for cheap ? id like not to break my 10 bolt before i try . but i dont plan to spend alot on the 14 bolt becasue it may not stay for long either.

whats your price range? i just did a google search for any local shops here in vegas. im sure you have some close to you, but never hurt to have more options. here is the link if you want to check em out...

14 bolt

if it works out i can pick it up and we can meet half way to save on shipping.

Edited by WODY™ (see edit history)