Anyone Run 275/60r20s

rattlindodge

Im looking for a little more cush in the tire department so im thinking of running 60 series tires instead of the 55s, my truck is lower 2 inches and is an AWD, Anyone run this setup? My truck is lowered and is the worst handling and ruffest riding truck i have ever owned, so im hopping this will help. Its funny my two 2500 dodges are more pleasant to drive.

that's a 33" tall tire... no way I would try that. A different brand with the same size will likely ride better than the factory tires. What does your drop consist of? Dropped t-bars, spindles, shackles, stock shocks? Let us know more about you setup and we may be able to help more. FWIW I don't think that upping the tire size is your answer. The 275/55/s have plenty of sidewall.

I don't know how much smoother of ride a half inch taller side wall tire will give you but keep in mind, the SS comes with the Z60 High-performance Suspension Package, so I would imagine that we have to give up some comfort for the better handling of a sport truck.

My buddy says i have a front spindle drop, thats all i really know. But since my tires where shot, i was gonna replace them and then have an alignment shop check out the suspension, my rims are being coated and and i have either, stock size(275/55r20s or 275/60r20s) to replace with. So thats what im goin wiht right now.

No way is a 275/60r20 a 33 inch tire, this is the stock dodge 1500 tire size, i got 33s on my other truck and these are much smaller.

Edited by rattlindodge (see edit history)

The 275/55/s have plenty of sidewall.

:withstupid: A bigger sidewall won't help, and probably won't look right either IMO. I'd stick with a 55 sidewall.....besides a bigger diameter tire also means that you will need your speedometer recalibrated. I would look into the type of shocks and rear drop you are using, and go from there.......

well heck bigcountry, you were close, the measure at just above 32 inches, i mounted and balanced them my self and is the best mod i have done yet, they slightly rub turning in reverse, but nothing i cant live with, So i am told i have at least 2 inches drop, ill post pics soon and see what you guys think.

New edit, the side wall height increase is what these trucks needs, stock or lowered, I always thaught this truck looked like a cheap azz can tried to lower it with just tires, but go figure they were stock size tires. Its kinda like when someone puts 35 inch tires on a stock truck, and it looks like a truck tuckin 35s? well i guess im tuckins 32-33s now, and i gained ground clearance and my speedo will read slower/better for resale. Everyone i talked to tried to talk me out of this tire size and rim color. But im glad i didnt listen.

Edited by rattlindodge (see edit history)

From my understanding cutting them is a big NO NO. They are part of your active suspension. The other guys with drops have been cross drilling the stoppers. There is a post somewhere on how-to.

Everyone i talked to tried to talk me out of this tire size and rim color. But im glad i didnt listen.

Then why post this topic if you weren't gonna listen anyway? :wtf:

well i did hack 1/2 of my front bump stops off since there were touching

From my understanding cutting them is a big NO NO. They are part of your active suspension.

The front suspension is supposed to be sitting on the bump stops........

sure are a lot of ethnic undertones in these posts.... :uhoh:

:withstupid::uhoh:

From my understanding cutting them is a big NO NO. They are part of your active suspension. The other guys with drops have been cross drilling the stoppers. There is a post somewhere on how-to.

:withstupid: I drilled mine to help with the ride and so far so good. not that a dropped ss will ride like stock with my 22's but I can live with it. post some pics of your new setup

Well with the taller tires and cut front bump stops i have about 100% improvement in handling, the ride is still about the same, maybe better? But i think im still on stock shocks. IF i have to buy new front bump stops, its not the end of the world. Im not racist, i hate all equally, especially since im a bit of eveything.