'03 Radix Fuel Pressure "?"

I did a search but only came across info for an '04 and I don't know if the pressures are different between the return and returnless. I checked my Fuel Pressure with a mechanical gauge and it's reading about 50psi at idle and up to about 60psi when I rev it...I haven't driven with the gauge hooked up. Any insight would be great. Thanks

Cody

I did a search but only came across info for an '04 and I don't know if the pressures are different between the return and returnless. I checked my Fuel Pressure with a mechanical gauge and it's reading about 50psi at idle and up to about 60psi when I rev it...I haven't driven with the gauge hooked up. Any insight would be great. Thanks

Cody

sounds normal for an 2003.

Thanks, I'm trying to figure out why I'm getting alot of KR at WOT withthe same tune I've had for a while...It all started when I installed my built tranny and trt3000 tq converter. I'm getting ready to change out my plugs and see if that helps. I still had the stock plugs in and just bought a set of tr6's. Thanks again.

Cody

Loading the engine differently can cause knock. With a lower stall the truck may have had mor momentum through that RPM range not requiring as much power or TQ. Now it spools up to that RPM before engaging. You may need to work on your timing and fueling, Maybe even shift points. Similar to a stick shift car. Depending were you take your foot off the clutch pedal the engine responds differently.

Edited by DAVECS2 (see edit history)

Thats normal pressure for an 03, right about where I am as well. I was also getting alot of knock recently. I realized I had not changed my tr6's out in about 20k miles. When I pulled my plugs, the gaps had widened from .035 to .050 and they all varied. Put new plugs in all at .035 and the thing was like brand new. Knock went away and all was better.

return setups are 58 psi at 0 vaccum, as boost increases you should see 1psi gain for every pound of boost. at idle that depends on cam and how well the truck idles. i only have 13" of vaccum so my idle fuel psi is 53.

yes as you rev the motor the fuel psi should change. the issue to worry about is how the fuel pressure is once in boost. does it climb and hold at X amount or does it climb then drop off as boost and rpm go? this is the issue