Uego Wideband Install

8 UR HMI

1. Remove the factory o2 sensor with a crescent wrench or a baic wrench. (they tend to be tight)

when you remove it make sure u dont pull too hard on the sensor cause it can pull the harness out.

2gw71px.jpg

2. pull the blue pin (usually faces towards the front of the truck. REMEMBER. u can either remove the driver side front, driver side rear, or have your own bung welded on. (because im rear mount turbo i had to use the driver side rear bank) the harness has a pull release that has a tab locking it in place. pull up on the tab...if needed take a small flathead screw driver to relase it.

S6300822.jpg

S6300823.jpg

3. screw the wideband into the port and tigthen it the same way you removed it. DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN IT!!!!

S6300824.jpg

4. plug the harness into the port that goes back up to the gauge. same setup as the factory one.

S6300825.jpg

5. zip tie the harness up and away from the cats/exhaust.

6. run the wire up the frame rail (remaing away from the exhaust) and ziptie it to the factory loom with wires in it.

i ran mine right up the wires and zip tied it about every 10 inches.

7. once you have made it to engine bay, either cut and drill (i already had a hole from other applicatiosn) into the firewall MAKING SURE NOT TO HIT ANY WIRES.

8. once you have ran the wire through the firewall, remove the bottom end of the dash as well as the top. a good way to get it to your pillar pod or dash is to remove the fuse box cover to see everything.

9. Red wire = 12v power source, orange ignition wire is a good source. Black = ground, find a good ground such as the steering colum cover and make your ground. White wire = 5v source for dimming at night. remove the light control on the left of the dash and there should be about 12 wires. the brown with white stripe is 5.2v. tap into that using a piggy connect or split the wire and solter it on. Blue= data logging wire. either tape it off or keep it away from metal/hot wires. put the harness back in.

10. After all power and ground is installed, run both sets of harness' up the by the fuse box to the pillar (i did the pillar delete and just have my pillar pod) the uego gauge tends to be a little bigger so some fabrication may be required.

11. The last step is to plug the wires in. the ends of the plugs have 2 tabs on them.. the go in at an anlge and u push down. MAKE SURE YOU FIND THE 4 PLUG ONE FIRST. once you have plugged both in put the pillar back in place.

S6300827.jpg

12. REMEMBER, THE UEGO GAUGE NEEDS TO BOOT UP FOR 30 SECONDS WITH THE KEY IN THE RUN POSITION. after about 30 secs, start your truck and let idle for 2 minutes. the gauge will go through all these tests then should read a proper reading.

TOTAL TIME = 45 minutes.

Pics tomorrow cam died......... :( ENJOY.

Edited by 8 UR HMI (see edit history)

• 9 months later...

Hey, I just got one and looking for reference stuff b4 I install, but aren't you supposed to do a fresh air cal b4 installing the sensor in the bung? I'm just askin cause I remember seeing that for the Innovate(?).

Good details tho, thanks.