Sad Day For Gm And Its Performance Division

LEVISER

Truely a sad day for GM and the High Performance Division. I was really hoping for a new Sivlerado SS to come out, but I guess with the current conditions of the ecomony, don't plan on seeing a new Silverado SS to come out any time soon. For me, just means I'll keep my 2003 Silverado SS alot longer. For those worried about the Camaro SS see the link below, should be no problems there. But for anything new, in the future for performance vehicles, pretty much confirms as being dead. I just hope that it is just like what Ford did with its SVO team and just take a breather for a few years and then come back, but I guess time will tell.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20090218/CARNEWS/902189973 (HPVO division)

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=142386 (Camaro SS)

:(:(

could be a good thing...take a base v6 camaro, retro fit it with a hi-po motor, add go fast goodies, and make your own SS. I know, it's not from the factory, but it would be cheaper on insurance, having a "v6" camaro, instead of a SS. idk, just trying to be positive.. :chevy:

Edited by BlkSilveradoSS03 (see edit history)

i dont wana piss anyone off... BUT, the only reasons to buy GM is for the hi-po vehicles, which are the top of the line cars and trucks for gm, ss cars and trucks, pontiac gt cars, buick gs cars, etc, imo their eco line vehicles are abosolutely $HIT, my chick has a g6 eco thats 2 years younger and has had wayyy more parts replaced than my truck.. 2 weeks off the lot the entire horn harness fried for no appairent reqason, not long after that the paint started flying off, and the list goes on

Edited by booth1 (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
looks like dodge and ford will be having all the fun....

crazypeople.jpg

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

thats f*cking bs, now how the hell is that possible, hows gonna teach ford and dodge how its done, toyota will probably step up :banghead::banghead:

Edited by la poderosa (see edit history)