Model:silverado RST

Trans:5 speed

Converter:

Gear:3.73

Tires:285/45/20

List of current mods:jba shorties, 6.0 engine swap, k&n cold air

Possible future mods:TBSS intake manifold and some port work on the heads

Goals for truck:

hey zippy ive been reading this post about cams and well from what im reading it seems that the stall converter has to do alot with the cam u pick . since my truck is stick shift does that matter alot becuase im looking into buying a cam just dont know wich one can u advise me on a good one my truck is a daily driver and i want something that will give me power and well sound mean and agressive.

For your truck I'd recomend a Comp Cams XR275HR. The spec's on it are 222/224 .566/.568 on a 112LSA. This cam will have the mean sound to it and with a manual trans and a 6.0L you should have that sports car type feel to it. I'd recomend either Comp Cams 918 springs or LS6 springs.

Zippy, I have a TSP 228R that will be going in this spring, I am planning rods and springs as well. Will the stock 1.7 rockers hold up okay with the lift of this cam?

Most certainly, without a problem.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope this thread is still active. Zippy I could really use your help. Year of truck: 2003 Model: SS awd Trans: 4L65E Converter: stock Gear: 4:10 Tires: stock List of current mods: Banks cold air intake, e cut outs. Possible future mods: I am setting up for a L92 head and intake swap. Custom tune and banks headers. Possible TCI 6X trans. Goals of truck: To get as much street able hp as possible with a decent 1/4 mile while maintaining reliability. I am looking for usable hp with a nice lope sound. Uses of truck: DD and weekend 1/4 mile drag. I was thinking about running the gmpp LS6 cam 207/217 .525/.525 LSA 116 or maybe gmpp ASA 226/236 .525/.525 LSA 110. I would like to stick with gm if possible. What do you think? Or can I get away with the LS7 cam? 211/230 .593/.590 LSA 120? Any help would be awsome. Thanks for your help.

Year of truck:2003

Model:AWD SSS

Trans: Stock 4L65E

Converter:Stock

Gear:4.10

Tires:275/55/20

List of current mods:Home made ram air, Ported/polished 317s (done by Lloyd Elliott and flow approx 295/210), Harland Sharp 1.7 rockers, Patriot Gold Duals, Trick Flow Hardened pushrods, stock valves, Fel-Pro .041" head gaskets, currently running a 218*214* - .581" lift in and out (recommended by Lloyd), Pacesetter LTs, custom 3" intermediate piping, stock muffler and catback, MSD wires, blackBear tuned, with full TQ management to preserve the tranny.

Possible future mods:No major plans. The heads are staying, but I am all ears for a new cam/converter combo (or maybe just a converter) to get this pig moving.

Goals for truck: I want it to be a street monster. Power on demand in the 0 to 80 mph range. I don't really go to the track, but I want great off idle acceleration, with good mid and top end gains. The cam that I am running now has good mid and great top end, but is a dog off idle (I have a feeling a converter is in order).

Thanks in advance.

Nick.

Edited by 03 BlackoutSSS (see edit history)

I might be throwing a set of heads on the truck and a cam in as well. I want a higher C/R and a cam with good power and torque. A rough idle doesn't bother me as I like the sound with it. Any suggestions for combos?

Any specific price range you'd like to stay in for the heads?

i'm also interested

Year of truck: 2004

Model: silverado ss

Trans: stock

Converter: stock

Gear: unsure, how do i check?

Tires: stock 20s in the summer, and 17s in the winter

List of current mods: AEM intake, Edelbrock shorties, Corsa Sport, cut out, high flow cats, MSD Wires.

Possible future mods: Cam, S/C (depending on funds)

Goals for truck: i just want it to be a sleeper. i want it to be quick, but reliable.

Uses of the truck: commuter, occasional towing.

I would like your suggestion for this truck if you've got the time..

Year of truck: 2002 (retrofitted in 1969 C-10)

Model: Silverado 1500 (5.3L)

Trans:4L60E, stock

Converter: stock

Gear: 3.73 posi

Tires:275/60/15 rear, and 255/60/15 front.

List of current mods: Shorty Headers, 3" pipes into Y into flowmaster dual exhaust, aeromotive pressure regulator, 5.7l corvette intake, has a cold air intake kind of, no cats, all corvette front engine brackets. Thats all I can think of right now.

Possible future mods: Cam, electric cutout, tune

Goals for truck: Make it have a nice cammed idle but get some more power probably torque, and drivablilty.

Uses of the truck: Driving to car shows, driving on sunny days only in the summer (not to often), cruising around town and thats about it.

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)

Year of truck:2003

Model:Silverado SS

Trans:Fully built

Converter:2800 stall

Gear:stock

Tires:22's on 305/40/22

List of current mods:Holty cam (218º/224º .563"/.568" 114ºlsa) , 918 spings, titanium retainers, pacsetter long tubes, no cats, full 3inch exhaust, e-fans, aem brute force, 42# injectors, walbrol 255 fuel pump, pcmforless tune, talyor 409 race wires, airraid throttle body spacer

Possible future mods:nice heads, maybe boost

Goals for truck:street truck just holds its own.. like to hit 12's some day.

Uses of the truck:street-strip sees road couple times a week..

other: want real lopy. cam now is ok but i want it to lope harder.

Edited by stalbomb17 (see edit history)

hello zippy i hope your still giving advice on the cams :P

Year of truck:2004

Model:Silverado SS AWD

Trans:stock

Converter:stock

Gear:4:10

Tires:stock

List of current mods:K&N cai, cat back w/10 series flowmater, Krambo tune

Possible future mods:servos, stall convertor, maybe new heads, nitrous

Goals for truck:beating my friends lightly modified 08 gt, getting in to the 13's

Uses of the truck:DD

loud enough to make people roll up their windows when im at idle :D

• 2 weeks later...
For your truck I'd recomend a Comp Cams XR275HR. The spec's on it are 222/224 .566/.568 on a 112LSA. This cam will have the mean sound to it and with a manual trans and a 6.0L you should have that sports car type feel to it. I'd recomend either Comp Cams 918 springs or LS6 springs.

is this cam good for a lil nitrous here and there lol

Year of truck:06

Model:sss

Trans:oem

Converter:oem

Gear:oem

Tires:305 40 22

List of current mods:80mm tb, 42lb injectors, headers, paxton s/c, 8ps dyno tuned 10rib pulley setup

Possible future mods:CAM, ring and pinnion, future hope not to far some good heads. possibly future piston set up to add psi on s/c.

Goals for truck: eat srt10's

Uses of the truck:daily

hey there zippy how about this . . .

Year of truck:2006

Model:Silverado vortec MAX 4wd

Trans:stock

Converter:stock

Gear:4:10 14 bolt

Tires:35's but i run 245's at the track

List of current mods: K&N air intake, pacesetter longtubes, full 3" dual exhaust, and a custom tune using EFI live (stock injectors nearly maxed out)

mods to come: billet servo, shift kit, possible 4:88 gears, larger injectors, 3000-3200 stall. in this order

Goals for my truck: A good size 4wd that will run as fast as possible. thou it is my dd i am willing to give up some drivability for performance currently runs a 14.5 with small tires looking to run in the low 13's

Edited by VMAX Hunter (see edit history)