Operation "blackout"

mattshs2005

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have to agree with some of the others. IMO, I don't care for the grille. But if you like it, and decide to keep it, you should see what you can do to match up the lower 3 grille openings. At least maybe paint them black too. Good luck with your plans. :chevy:

Same here. Love black trucks, love blacked out trucks. Not feeling the grill. It reminds of a Lincoln to much. There is a kid on my campus with the same grill (chrome) on his ford. trying to make it look like a mark. IMO it makes the truck look cheap because you can see everything right through it. Paint the stocker or get a black billet but keep the bow tie. Beside you have to represent!! Nice truck though. interested to see the wheels

I won't say what YOU should do, but I don't particularly care for the grill. it is a bit navigator-ish. I think the major reason is that the stocker is actually special to these models, and most people here are attached to them. If you like it, then keep it. Don't let anyone change your mind for you. Oh, BTW, Welcome to the site.

Edited by TXblueSS (see edit history)

Thanks for all the comments guys! well i didnt have much to do today so i got the bottom grille painted and air ducts. Here are the pics. Sorry but the grille is growing on me, im always looking for something different. Putting a black bowtie in the middle is a good idea also... Imma try and figure out a way to try that.

SS.jpg

ss2.jpg

i like the blacked out look. im not going to tell you to change the grill. cause as you can see nobody seems to care for it. just keep in mind its your truck do what you want to it. its your money. if nobody likes the looks of it. they dont have to look at it. keep up the good work. keep us posted.

It starting to look better with the black grills and such. and like already said no one is going to tell you what to do. I dont know if there is any real way of doing it but if there is anyway of making the radiator and stuff less visible it would look as bad. should look better with the blacked out headlights to.