How To Turn The Auto Headlight Feature Off

catdaddy300

• 6 months later...

whoa whoa whoa...like my good friend KC said why not just turn the knob to the left, rather than take a trip to radio shack, then rip your entire dash apart, and why not just pull the DRL fuse? i pulled the DRL fuse a long time ago, because i hated them on during...well...daylight.

whoa whoa whoa...like my good friend KC said why not just turn the knob to the left, rather than take a trip to radio shack, then rip your entire dash apart, and why not just pull the DRL fuse? i pulled the DRL fuse a long time ago, because i hated them on during...well...daylight.

STUPID DAYLIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! :jester:

I can see the value of doing this, but not for DRL purposes but rather saving my HIDs because I am constantly flashing/VE tuning with EFILive and am always turning the key on & off, hence the HIDs on and off. I might improve on the idea by adding a push button on the dash, like a 'auto headlight defeat switch'. Matter of fact I think I have an extra GM dash switch in my spare parts drawer to try this with...

Mr. P. :)

• 1 year later...

GREAT MOD!! ESPECIALLY FOR ME, I REPAINTED ALL MY DASH COMPONENTS TO BLACK AND UPON REMOVAL OF THE DASH MY SENSOR GOT BROKEN, WENT TO GM ONLY TO FIND OUT THE SENSOR WAS 120$+ NO THANKS. NOW MY LIGHTS ARE ON ALL THE TIME AND I HAVE TO MANUALLY TURN THEM OFF EVERY TIME I START MY TRUCK. NOW THAT I HAVE THE RESISTORS IN NO MORE DAYTIME HEADLIGHTS!!!! THANKS FOR POSTING THIS!