How To Turn The Auto Headlight Feature Off

catdaddy300

Alright no bullshit this is how you disable the auto on feature on the Silverado..... and before you get started this didnt take me 10 min.... so if anyone knows a better way to do it go on ahead but i couldnt find it........post-14949-1233437707_thumb.jpgfirst you will need two 1.5 ohm resistor from radio shack and the pack costs like 99 centspost-14949-1233438677_thumb.jpg...... post-14949-1233437914_thumb.jpgyou will need to take the c.d. player and a.c. controls out of the dash so that you can reach your arm all kinds of into the dash. now the bulb on your dash the dome part comes off if you play with it so take that off before you start b/c mine is m.i.a. at the moment. now that you have the the clear plastic part off you can turn the sensor and it will go into the dash now you will need to reach into the dash and try ad find it behind the a.c. ducts there is like a open space so if anything falls you will be safe as long as it doesnt go behind the defroster vent. there is a metal strap in you dash and if you got this far you will know what i am talking about.......i bent it later on in my project out of anger and it helped and then i bent it back when i was done so just throwing that out there might want to do it..... now the fun part once you have relocated the sensor the trick is to unplug it so once you have it cornered use a screwdriver to losen the harness......now get the senor out of there and it will help with were to put the resitors.post-14949-1233438810_thumb.jpg the meatal prongs on the sensor are labled a,b,c, and d..... i am sorry but i forgot if i did a and b and c and d or what but what i did is put the resistors in the two close ones..... did it in both sides and there you go bam you have all the power of your lights to yourself and so far i havent came in to any problems with the lights or my fog lights. now i wanted to put my sensor back in to make it look like i didnt do anyhing but when i was raping my dash with my arm the sensor fell behind the middle defroster vent to be found another day....... but feel free to critisize or what ever but no one on any fourm went into really any detail on how to do this.

For example, start your truck, once alt reaches max nominal output *yes it does take a second* the switch on your headlights that have been converted to HID's . Having full power when swtiched on helps exstend the life of the balast. Yes even in high quality kits...

if your that worried about having your hids go out by not giving them a chance to warm up before you start the truck then just turn over the key and wait a min and then start the truck. I'm not a big fan of these aftermarket hids myself I just installed some PIAA ultra whites for my lows and love em and no worrying about hids faulting out on me :)

i got my windows tinted the other day so my my headlights stayed on all day and i hate more than anything hate lights on during the day thats why i changed my drls into blinkers.....and i just got adgitated that one one could give me any help on this little mod!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

dlrs turn on when you put your truck in gear and turn off when your turn you headlights on so no this would not mess with the drls so in theory if you did the headlight trick your drls would just stay on at night until you decided to turn your headlights on