Grill

Tkenmore

Hello Everyone! I am new to the board but have been lurking for quite some time.

I have an 08 Silverado LTZ Vmax 4wd. I love the truck, i am coming off of an 06 Dodge Ram 4wd hemi. The Chevy is a major upgrade imo.

I have had my truck tuned (going to be retuned soon as i am not towing with it like i thought i was going too.) And have added oval step bars and tinted the windows. Pretty basic stuff.

My question is, the truck is black, but the grill assembly is all chrome and doesn't look quite right. Anyone know where i can color match the grill or order a black one to insert? The truck is a lease, so i probably just want to keep the stock one and drop in a replacement. I love how the Avalanches look. Here are a few pics!

n515341534_1569424_5719.jpg

n515341534_1569425_5907.jpg

n515341534_1569423_5505.jpg

Also, is a CAI worth it? any extra oomph?

something else to think about...... i also have the 2008 ltz vortecmax 4wd, if you are leasing the truck you might want to look into a way to preserve that painted bumper. i only have 16,000 miles on mine and it already looks like crap from rock chips. i'm going to add a grille guard and paint the bumper flat black to match the bar, but i own the truck so its an easy fix for me. i hear the dealerships can put on what aviation mechanics call leading edge tape, its a thin clear plastic tape that they put on the bumper and hood. also, my grille is starting to chip away too!

something else to think about...... i also have the 2008 ltz vortecmax 4wd, if you are leasing the truck you might want to look into a way to preserve that painted bumper. i only have 16,000 miles on mine and it already looks like crap from rock chips. i'm going to add a grille guard and paint the bumper flat black to match the bar, but i own the truck so its an easy fix for me. i hear the dealerships can put on what aviation mechanics call leading edge tape, its a thin clear plastic tape that they put on the bumper and hood. also, my grille is starting to chip away too!