2500hd 6.0 Cam Options

I would get the GM gasket kit to do the install. Part number is 12499228. Available at a GM dealer and possibly from Summit. You could just get the Trick flow cam, springs, and pushrods. If not get the Trick flow cam, Comp Cams pushrods, and Comp Cams valve springs. I would also recomend the 160 stat and 2 bottles of Water Wetter. There really isn't much to replace when doing the cam so there isn't much to upgrade.

I would get the GM gasket kit to do the install. Part number is 12499228. Available at a GM dealer and possibly from Summit. You could just get the Trick flow cam, springs, and pushrods. If not get the Trick flow cam, Comp Cams pushrods, and Comp Cams valve springs. I would also recomend the 160 stat and 2 bottles of Water Wetter. There really isn't much to replace when doing the cam so there isn't much to upgrade.

what is water wetter?

Just to add another choice to the mix...Hotrod Magazing did a test on a 6.0 with 5 different cams and the Crane Zcam in 210/218 had the best under the curve hp and tq and it was by far the smallest cam in the test. It was beat by the largest cam after 5900 rpms. I'm going to try this cam in my truck soon and see.

Just to add another choice to the mix...Hotrod Magazing did a test on a 6.0 with 5 different cams and the Crane Zcam in 210/218 had the best under the curve hp and tq and it was by far the smallest cam in the test. It was beat by the largest cam after 5900 rpms. I'm going to try this cam in my truck soon and see.

u have a link to it?

I wouldn't go more than a 112LSA for any truck that is used as a truck. It's hard enough on the 6.0L that you put about 3" more tire to it without changing the gear. Look into something like this for a mild duration on a 112LSA. It will idle a bit choppy, but shouldn't have much problem making enough torque to tow without downshifting all the time. Use like a 918 or similar spring with it.

well got the cam installed all went well. truck definitely has the sewing machine sound which i suppose is normal. i have not had it tuned yet which i plan to have done by this weekend, but im curious on stock tuning i have not noticed any difference in power, is that to be expected without tuning? i would guess that tuning it will completely bring the engine/cam to life???