Reduce Engine Power

blackss461982

i have a 2003 ss. i just did the tbss swap and changed to the 90mm TB. i swapped out the injectors and put efans on. now i have the message saying reduce engine power. what does that mean. i replaced the TAC module for one to read the 90mm TB, but still i get this message and my truck won't move. i ran a diagnostic on the injectors and they were fine. what could fix this. all i wanna do is drive my truck again!!

thanks

what year is the tac? i forgot the year but a certain model year should work without programming.

i would hav just got the x link though , elimitaes the need for a swap and gives you 100% throttle blade operation.

the xlink made by trp is a throttle body adapter harness that makes it possible for you to use the tbss throttle body..because like chase said it will enable you to have full throttle body operation, without it you probably won't see full throttle body range

what year is the tac? i forgot the year but a certain model year should work without programming.

i would hav just got the x link though , elimitaes the need for a swap and gives you 100% throttle blade operation.

:withstupid:

I have never heard of reprogramming the TAC before, interesting, never knew it could be done. Put your original TAC module back on and buy an X-link from Torquerush performance.

Torque rush Performance Link

His new design (V2) is plug and play and works flawlessly. It allows use of both TPS sensors where his original one only recognized one and required a 5 volt reference. The X-link gives a full 100% TB blade sweep vs. the other method which nets about 90%.

In the mean time, look at the new TAC module you bought and swapped out. The part number should be 12574221 in order for it to work with the LS2 Vette Throttle body. Do you have the Speartech adaptor inbetween your stock harness and the throttlebody? If not, there is your problem. There are 2 wires (if I am not mistaken) that need to go to different pin-outs. I am not sure if our harness will even mate up with an LS2 TB without an adaptor...its been a while. Just get the X-link and use your stock TAC. You will need to cut 2 wires in the X-link for the LS2 TB...there are full instructions included from Torque Rush on that. :chevy:

In the mean time, look at the new TAC module you bought and swapped out. The part number should be 12574221 in order for it to work with the LS2 Vette Throttle body. Do you have the Speartech adaptor inbetween your stock harness and the throttlebody? If not, there is your problem. There are 2 wires (if I am not mistaken) that need to go to different pin-outs. I am not sure if our harness will even mate up with an LS2 TB without an adaptor...its been a while. Just get the X-link and use your stock TAC. You will need to cut 2 wires in the X-link for the LS2 TB...there are full instructions included from Torque Rush on that. :chevy:

i checked the p/n and the one you listed above matches the new tac i have. and i do have the speartech adapter. could it be the upgraded injectors...idk? you said a retune may not be the solution. and since verything i have now is clean and still doesn't work i'm just gonna throw on the old tac and get one of those X-links. hope it works. but thats krambo for the push in the right direction

Edited by BlackSSS46 (see edit history)

my truck said the same thing once when i put the motor back in and it wouldnt even let me rev the motor at all. it ended up being a gound lose and in the wrong place so i put the ground back on the driver side head and it took care of the problem. i just figured id let u know i wasnt for sure it u messed with a ground or not.

honestly i can't remember but since its not running i'll take it apart again and look for that too. thanks man

mine has done that too but it was because the harness basically on the firewall on the driver side was disconnected. u can check that too if u unplugged that while going through the firewall.