Duramax Turbo To My Ss?

My buddy decided to change his stock turbo to a Garret40 along with adding a PPE deul feuler. In the mids't of our dillusional work convresations of making trucks faster we pondered the question...Could a factory duramax turobcharger be installed in a silverado ss? I think this turbo might be even more diffacult to install because it would coming off an LBZ, meaning it is a variable vain turbo. I would assume, in my ignorance, that it would be more difficault to install the variable vain than an earlier modle turbo's because added electronic controled peramiters of the turbo??? Any thoughts or knowledge???

• 2 weeks later...

yeah it'd be cool but thats way too much work for the resluts youd get I think. But if I ever blow up my motor I wanna put a duramax 6.6 in my SSS, now thats gonna be some work. How badass would that be though, if they can put one in a vette I can put one in my truck

Edited by Turbocoop (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Not even the Duramax guys want the VVT why would you? Anything is possible and it certainly would be unique. I myself have dreamed of putting a Duramax in an SSS Turbocoop. I once saw a Duramax truck with all the SS cladding and it awesome. I thought what a cool tow rig that would be.

nope, not worth the hassel.

and to get a VVT to work you must be a rocket sicentist!

not worth it??????i seen does motors put down 1000 hp with twin turbos on stock internals and getting 20+mpg.i would trade that motor for my lq9 anyday,our lq9 with +10 psi boost has trouble keeping the rod in the block.........lbz on a sss would be sick :devil:

not worth it??????i seen does motors put down 1000 hp with twin turbos on stock internals and getting 20+mpg.i would trade that motor for my lq9 anyday,our lq9 with +10 psi boost has trouble keeping the rod in the block.........lbz on a sss would be sick :devil:

AGREED!! I absolutely love the Duramax. I was actually looking for a 2500 with a diesel when before I found my SS and feel in love with it. I cant even imagine a built Duramax in my truck. The 1000hp is nothing amazing compared to all the tq. Talk about roasting all 4!! Plus the ability to run WVO in it, and making your own bio for less than $1/gallon. Needless to say thats my next truck when this one is paid off.

rods in block is cause of tune and 16 little bolts. upgrade the bolts and have dead on tune without having a Heat pump for a blower and youll make numbers you never thought would be possible.

just find yourself a nice solid turbo and be done with it instead of that turbo. now if you want to use a budget one use a Holset from cummins

ummm... here's someone to talk to if you want to do it it's a neat idea

http://performancetrucks.net/forums/showth...k+unusual\

look at post 6

http://performancetrucks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=396264

Edited by TXblueSS (see edit history)

yeah it'd be cool but thats way too much work for the resluts youd get I think. But if I ever blow up my motor I wanna put a duramax 6.6 in my SSS, now thats gonna be some work. How badass would that be though, if they can put one in a vette I can put one in my truck

Look for an LB7 that be the one to get. I would love to do this too, the VVT is wayy to big and bulky, it would have to be mounted down stream, wouldn't fit on the Intake and the variable vanes are a restriction.

the best way to do what u want is to Clad a real duramax 2500, and lower it. :D

~Danny

rods in block is cause of tune and 16 little bolts. upgrade the bolts and have dead on tune without having a Heat pump for a blower and youll make numbers you never thought would be possible.

just find yourself a nice solid turbo and be done with it instead of that turbo. now if you want to use a budget one use a Holset from cummins

so if i upgrade to a turbo,upgrade the bolts and a dead on tune ill have 1000hp lq9???? :jester: ....... :nono: dont think so im compering both the lq9 and the lbz, stock for stock the lbz could handle more power period....sad to say put its the truth.pretty good for a isuzu motor i think Edited by blackbeast ss (see edit history)

so if i upgrade to a turbo,upgrade the bolts and a dead on tune ill have 1000hp lq9???? :jester: ....... :nono: dont think so im compering both the lq9 and the lbz, stock for stock the lbz could handle more power period....sad to say put its the truth.pretty good for a isuzu motor i think

well there are afew bone stock LQ9s making huge numbers. 1 i recall is mid 8s on power. thats pretty impressive and isnt to far from the 1k you asked for. motors die cause of tunes. these motors are rock solid but fail cause of tunes and ppl making them leaner and not taking appriotate measures.

also mid 8s to wheels is almost 1k at flywheel

Edited by Quik (see edit history)