A Friend With To Much Money

jim_tucker

ok ive been asked by my friend what type of mini van should he get. he wants to make a sleeper out of it and his goal is high 13's or low 14's and im not sure exactly how much he has to spend but money isnt really a problem for him he just wants something that he can drive his kids in but at the same time not feel like a soccer mom. my guess was everything would have to be pretty much custom made but i was wondering if anyone had some ideas.

maybe the nissan quest its the same engine as a 350Z (vq35de)

I am sad to say that we bought a 2008 Dodge Caravan with the 4.0L and 6 speed over the summer. I say sad because it is a minivan HOWEVER this thing scoots and is very family oriented. I am very impressed with the 4.0L from Dodge.

As for mods, if money is no limit, the sky is the limit. Bang for the buck...a universal 75HP shot of nitrous would make quick work of a low 14 second 4.0L Dodge Caravan with some general weight reduction. I would estimate the motor would make between 325 and 350 HP in that set up.

Any 2000+ Pontiac Montana or Chevy Venture (or olds silhoutte) with the 3.4L V6 in it. Do a 3800 swap into it. Its been done, 13's is attainable. Here is a link to the build. Have him get in contact with the guy, who will help with it.

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=45...&s=#4565388

Good luck! Should be cool!

Oh, and there is a late 80's caravan video out there where the guy ran a 12.7 with a turbo 4cylinder swap in it...But thats just way to old. At least a Pontiac Montana looks somewhat modern. It has all the foundation ground work for a turbo.

ok ive been asked by my friend what type of mini van should he get. he wants to make a sleeper out of it and his goal is high 13's or low 14's and im not sure exactly how much he has to spend but money isnt really a problem for him he just wants something that he can drive his kids in but at the same time not feel like a soccer mom. my guess was everything would have to be pretty much custom made but i was wondering if anyone had some ideas.

maybe the nissan quest its the same engine as a 350Z (vq35de)

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...l%3Den%26sa%3DN

here it is

Chrysler PT Super Cruiser This custom two-door Chrysler PT Cruiser features a turbocharged 2.4-litre engine that creates more than 300 horsepower, a free-flow exhaust, sill extensions, wider fenders, 18" x 9.5-in. forged aluminum racing wheels, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup DOT-legal road race tires and massive 12.9-inch Brembo brakes with cross-drilled gold cadmium-plated rotors.. The PT Super Cruiser is fully functional on the road, yet is prepared for road racing with custom features such as a six-point safety cage, six-point camlock harnesses, window nets, Lifeline fire system and Momo race seats and steering wheel. :cheers:

Astro van AWD. Either put a turbo on the V6 or put a 6.0L in it. With stock wheels and good tires it should look very stock and still run hard.

Oh why should they take your advice, it's not like you have ever done anything like this ... have you ever even rode in a Astro Van ... geez :)

Edited by big o (see edit history)