Brake Fluid Cover

Today I took in my silvy for its oil change, and I got home I thought I'd take a look for my self and check all of her fluids. So anyhow iam checking and I get to her brake fluid, I notice there is no cap on the reservoir!! So iam pissed and worried, is she driveable?? How much would this cost me?? Iam planning on going back to the dealer 2Morrow morning. But if replaced would they have to change out all of the assembly, or just find a cap? I was also thinking of going to a salvage jard. Any help Is appreciated. Thanks dudes!

It's driveable until all the fluid splashes out and the resevior is dry, then *crash* hehehe

A resevior cap will be available anywhere, local NAPA, dealer, wrecker, etc. What *I* would do is call the shop that did the fluid check and threaten them with a lawsuit for letting you drive off the lot with an unsafe vehicle, and have them buy you a new resevior cap.

Mr. P.

What *I* would do is call the shop that did the fluid check and threaten them with a lawsuit for letting you drive off the lot with an unsafe vehicle, and have them buy you a new resevior cap.

I would bitch as well. I would negotiate a complete flush due the possibility of dirt in the system. :chevy:

I would bitch as well. I would negotiate a complete flush due the possibility of dirt in the system. :chevy:

personally, i am so extremely skeptical of shops, i would have them give me a new reservoir cap and refund the money i spent with them the day before. i would want them to work on my shit again bc not only are they obviously incompetant but they might be mad you bitched and try to get a little revenge by ****ing your truck up more. lol just my opinion.

Well 2day I returned back to the stealership, I knew these ****ers wouldn't buy my story. So I explain what happened and I gotta say I got my way! They flushed my brake fluid, reservoir and cap. All no charge! So I was glad, Iam kool about. Iam actually surprised that no fight was needed to be put out. So its all good now. Thanks guys for all your good ideas, I would of used them if they gad not replaced nothing. Thanks again.