Got McGauphy's drop kit installed

adams2003

I thought I read on here that someone already put a set of Bilsteins on their truck and it didnt make much of a differance. Isnt there more to the quality of ride than just the shocks? What about differant rear leafs?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been looking at QA1s for a while now. One of the best out there from what I have read and fully adjustable. Only downside is they are $132, or so, a piece. Rancho sells a RS9000 for about $85 that would probably cover the same requirement. Summitt sells both.

I've heard good things about the Rancho 9000X adjustables also.

Hey Ben

Now that my truck is lowered I would definitely like to step up to a better shock, but have you read anything regaurding going to a shorter shock when the truck is lower or do you think the stock shock heigth / length is fine. I was thinking of doing the edlebrocks but was worried because i heard they leak???

Hey Ben

Now that my truck is lowered I would definitely like to step up to a better shock, but have you read anything regaurding going to a shorter shock when the truck is lower or do you think the stock shock heigth / length is fine. I was thinking of doing the edlebrocks but was worried because i heard they leak???

I don't know that either of the brands mentioned have shocks specifically for lowered vehicles, or at least the Silverado. You're riding on stock height shocks, right? Then worse case, you get stock height shocks for your lowered truck.

I've got Bilsteins and I think they work pretty well but it's hard to say how much improvement they add. If you're worried about shock length on a lowered truck, get some shock extenders for the rear.

Something you might look at is this setup from AirLift:

59102K.jpg

I've even thought about softening my ride by taking out the middle spring(I'm at stock ride height now) and put these in to take up some of the slack. I think most of us would like to get rid of the bucking bronco ride and yet keep some tow capability.

I need to find something to fix the ride on my truck. I took a 2 hour trip yesterday and it was aweful. The truck bottomed out every 30 seconds and felt like it was going to come apart on the potholes. Then after I filled it up with gas, just the full tank of gas was too much weight for it, it really even rode worse after that. I am thinking about taking the drop kit totally off my truck.

I gotta do something. This kit has pretty much made my truck undriveable. Around town it rides aweful, anytime any amount of load is put in the rear it rides on the bumpstops. I even put aftermarket shorter bump stops in. They are only about 1".

Archived