Got McGauphy's drop kit installed

adams2003

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll agree, I would like to see it lowered another inch in the front to level it out. Then upto some larger dia wheels w/ lower profile tires. I would also be curious as to how it rode like this.

BTW, Can you give the front and rear measurements?

Hey adam,

Your truck is the total package. :thumbs: I agree about raising the back up. I put my drop kit on and my 22" will be here tomorrow, i will try to post some pics, when it is all complete.

Sweet man, cant wait to see what your truck looks like lowered with 22's. Im gonna eventually go with 22's also. Which ones did you get?

Yeah I would definately get that rear up, it looks like that thing is gonna take off.

How does it ride? Any vibration issues being so low? I got all my little bugs worked out, I just gotta find a way to keep it from bottoming out now. 1 bag of dog food in the bed the other day was enough to have to resting on the bumpstops and I even got shorted bumpstops installed too!

I know that your interior db's have doubled. A LOT LOUDER INSIDE, HUH? I ran into that when I lowered mine.

To tell you the truth I havn't drove it much yet, but it did seem a tad bit louder.

BTW, Can you give the front and rear measurements?

The front fenders are about 2 inches above the tires and the rear is 1 inch above the tires. Exactly 1 inch difference so it should look perfectly even when I raise the back.

Do you guys now why those of us who have the McGauphys kit cant use smaller than 17 inch wheels?

There are separate part numbers for spindles that allow 16" wheels. I think 17" and higher use #2003T and 16" wheels use #2003C.

Do you guys now why those of us who have the McGauphys kit cant use smaller than 17 inch wheels?

There are separate part numbers for spindles that allow 16" wheels. I think 17" and higher use #2003T and 16" wheels use #2003C.

Yeah I now that there's different kits, im just wondering whats different with them and why the 17" and bigger kit wont allow 16 inch rims. :thumbs:

Archived