Got McGauphy's drop kit installed

adams2003

Well I had a local shop install the McGauphys spindles and shackles yesterday and I have to say Im impressed with the system. The truck handles much better now. The ride is a tad bit rougher but its very very close to the stock ride. The only thing I dont like is that the rear of the truck sits an inch lower than the front. They went with the full 2/4 drop and said if I didn't like it they could go up 1 ich at a time in the rear. Im almost 100% sure that im going to take it back and have them lift the rear 1 inch, but let me now what you guys think. When they even it out its going to be perfect. Here's some pics. Sorry my truck is kinda dirty.

452139_137_full.jpg

452139_136_full.jpg

452139_138_full.jpg

452139_139_full.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks damn good, just bring the rear up like you said. :cool: How much did the install cost, if you don't mind me asking?

-Matt

Cost like $405 to install it, realign it, and for new smaller bumpstops.

Looks damn good, just bring the rear up like you said.  :cool: How much did the install cost, if you don't mind me asking?

-Matt

Cost like $405 to install it, realign it, and for new smaller bumpstops.

Ouch! Sounds like a do-it-yourself project for me if I do it. Minus the alignment part.

Who bout doing a 1 inch torsion drop in the front to even it out. I like the way the back is sitting, but, I also like really low trucks and you cant bag these.

I thought about doing that, but personally I think it would look better if I raised the back end 1 inch instead of droping the front 1 inch by messing with the torsion bars. To me it would just look to low if I dropped the front any more. Plus Later on down the road Ill be upgrading to 22's so it will give it an even lower appearance. Oh yeah, someone has bagged an SS. I seen it on this forum so use the search if you want to check it out.

Ben, yeah I now it was expensive but its worth it.

Looks great adams!! I want to lower mine too. But let me get this straight. $405.00 for installation + $389.00 for the kit = $794.00 I guess I will be waiting for awhile then :cry::cry::cry: Looks good though, 1" up in the rear will make it perfect IMO :thumbs:

Archived