12'srock

wishminewasanss

Go ahead call me Mr 43% but I love you guys. I don't participate here to get tech help, or show off how bitchin my truck is, or get mileage with others by saying "yeah I'm a real somebody of importance on the sss truck forum"; rather because of the people here and the community. I genuinely look forward to getting to better know you folks, meet you face-to-face, really share time and enjoy friendships because we really do have a lot more in common than just these trucks. That's the lesson lost by the site owners and admins IMO, we might have all arrived here because of an interest in our trucks, but in the end that's not what keeps us here.

The Fish Rots From The Head; that's all I'm going to say - you're welcome to read into that whatever you like.

OK it's time to leave all this petty BS behind, I've got a beautiful woman on my couch and even though our mutual interest in sweet-ass Chevy trucks brings the two of us to each other, it's not what's keeping us together now. ;) Why that wisdom escapes some folks I can't explain - after all I'm just a f'n computer guy not a psychologist. LOL

Mr. P.

Mr 43%---That's funny!

Since Mel agreed 100% with your post she'll have to change her avatar sig back to " I kissed a girl and liked it" :jester:

Steve,

I agree with what the site was for many of us and have met many members as well.

Hopefully we can stay in touch with one another as I see this site declining more as time goes on (truck out of production for 2 years, first ones are 6 years old, being sold and traded) and more and more "old timers" will be gone or lurking rather than posting.

As far as the closing/locking threads it's probably is because of this guy:

obama8.jpg

or this guy:

post-4532-1229602347_thumb.jpg

:dunno::wacko:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can already see where this thread is headed..... :locked02:

All I am going to say is that this site is what YOU make it..............food for thought. :ninja:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

I can already see where this thread is headed..... :locked02:

:withstupid:

I hope this site doesn't forget freedom of speech to a certain extent. :eek: We all have different opinion and ideas and that's what has made this site so great in the past and hopefully into the future. Hopefully the moderators will understand this and relax a bit. Lets keep the good information going around and hopefully have some fun as well. :thumbs:

we really do have a lot more in common than just these trucks....

I'll get my $.02 in while I can. I agree with Steve. The trucks were why we came here, but we stay for more than that. I am not technically knowledgable enough to contribute a lot on that front. I came here to learn, and I've learned a lot. That much I can share. I also agree with Brian. The trucks are out of production, and interest will decline a bit. So, I stay here for what I can still learn, and for the relationships I have established, whether locally or long distance over the 'net. There are a great bunch of people still here. OK, group hug. :)

Seriously what wtf is going on with the site??? Art is gone, contributors to the site are gone, mods are not posting. What is going on, I love this site and wish everything was still the same.

Mods read every post whether we reply or not is a choice. Personally, I really do not post unless I can add something worthwhile to the discussion.

I hope this site doesn't forget freedom of speech to a certain extent. :eek: We all have different opinion and ideas and that's what has made this site so great in the past and hopefully into the future. Hopefully the moderators will understand this and relax a bit. Lets keep the good information going around and hopefully have some fun as well. :thumbs:

Freedom of speech is fine...just follow the site rules. Remember everything you type is broadcast to ANYONE who wishes to see it that has an internet connection.

I have personally been on this site since 2002 (signed up in 2003) and have seen many changes in the site. There will continue to be further changes as well...its inevitable. New faces join on a daily basis and old time participants fall off at roughly the same rate.

As for locking threads, well if it is a topic that has been discussed to death, it may be locked to prevent "clutter" such as ones with poles that may be bumped at any time.

:chevy:

Go ahead call me Mr 43% but I love you guys. I don't participate here to get tech help, or show off how bitchin my truck is, or get mileage with others by saying "yeah I'm a real somebody of importance on the sss truck forum"; rather because of the people here and the community. I genuinely look forward to getting to better know you folks, meet you face-to-face, really share time and enjoy friendships because we really do have a lot more in common than just these trucks. That's the lesson lost by the site owners and admins IMO, we might have all arrived here because of an interest in our trucks, but in the end that's not what keeps us here.

The Fish Rots From The Head; that's all I'm going to say - you're welcome to read into that whatever you like.

OK it's time to leave all this petty BS behind, I've got a beautiful woman on my couch and even though our mutual interest in sweet-ass Chevy trucks brings the two of us to each other, it's not what's keeping us together now. ;) Why that wisdom escapes some folks I can't explain - after all I'm just a f'n computer guy not a psychologist. LOL

Mr. P.

:withstupid: Some people expressed their disdain about non truck related topics that created a firestorm of controversy. I bet that has something to do with it.

who is that pic??

OMFG! You don't remember the Dakota R/T flame war thread? :crackup: That is a pic someone discovered of a troll named Richs2002RT - http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9125

Mr. P. :)

I wish I got to meet Jeff. :(

Found the First Post with this pic - http://www.SilveradoSS.com/forums/index.ph...st&p=120723

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

Mr 43%---That's funny!

Since Mel agreed 100% with your post she'll have to change her avatar sig back to " I kissed a girl and liked it" :jester:

LOL but go back and read what i wrote lol i said REPLACE the beautiful girl part with the most awsome man ever! Got myself covered lol