Lowering Your Truck??????

rmcswain

I have an 02 Regular Cab Sportside Z71 5.3. No Cab Steps and prefer not to have any. My question is how is the best way to lower the truck 2 inches front and back? Will I have to use drop spindles? Smaller blocks on the rear? Different springs? I am looking for the simplest, easiest way and don't want it to affect the alignment. Any suggestions? Thanks guys for any help :D:chevy: Oh, by the way how tough a job is this? :rolleyes:

i recomend bell tech drop spindles in the front as i think they will work 2wd and 4wd. as for the rear, just remove the blocks as they did on the ss. 2wd trucks get the same rear springs, just without blocks, this is where the 4wd gets the lift in the rear. neither should be difficult. btw, you will at least have to have toe reset though, but alignment will be very close anyway. you could also just lower the torsion bars, take out the blocks and have it aligned, just might have a rough ride is all.

Hi

To lower the truck 2" all around just go to the dealer and order

4 rear axle u bolts to fit the SS pickup and remove the 2 inch block that is between the spring and the axle. For the front order 2 torsion bar adjusters from the SS pickup and have them all installed. These are the changes made for the SS at the factory.

Bob

• 1 month later...

I will be dropping the truck this weekend. 2" in front and 3" in back... I'll try and get some before and after shots of the drop. :flag:

The supercharger will be shipping Monday, should get here by Thursday and install may be that weekend...

Archived