What are the best Spark Plugs and Plug Wires

Taylor's Part Number for the Blue wires is 72605

Red 72205

Good Price for Taylor Wires

You may give Taylor a call and see if there are any dealers around here!

1-800-821-3600

Hell... stop by and see them

TAYLOR CABLE PRODUCTS, INC.

301 Highgrove Road

Grandview, MO 64030

I think if u indexed ur plugs this would help aswell... :thumbs:

Titanium and Iridium plugs usually run smaller gaps than the copper plugs. Most V8s running the titanium or iridium are gapped to .040. My GTO had Delco iridium plugs gapped to .040; these plugs are really NGK plugs. A lot of the guys that run NGK TR55's run them at .050 or .055.

Myself I go with Denso iridium plugs. They are pretty expensive (usually about $80 for 8), but have worked well in my GTO. If you have a supercharger these plugs are the only way to go.

For plug wires I think MSD and Taylor are both really good ways to go. I use the MSD's myself, mainly because I think the 2 are pretty equal, but most models of the Taylor plugs can't fit in the plug heat shields. Taylor says they don't need the heat shields, but I'd rather have them.

I'll be changing my plugs this weekend so I'll know more then.

Taylor's Part Number for the Blue wires is 72605

Red 72205

Good Price for Taylor Wires

You may give Taylor a call and see if there are any dealers around here!

1-800-821-3600

Hell... stop by and see them

TAYLOR CABLE PRODUCTS, INC.

301 Highgrove Road

Grandview, MO 64030

Cool. I may stop by on Monday. Can you purchase them there or do they just produce them?

• 3 weeks later...

I like the TR55's. Didn't notice much of a difference over stock. Not compared to swapping plug wires.

I'm running ThunderVolt's, but I honeslty CANNOT recommend them. My first set ran like crap half the time, and I broke two, maybe three wires removing them to go back to stock.

I got a new set under waranty. That set worked great right off the bat. A good set of wires will add a good amount of off idle throttle responce and let the engine run smoother through part throttle engine useage.

I recently slipped in the TR55's, and I broke ANOTHER TV50.

I didn't do anything stupid with them. The metal clips on the spark plug end of the wire just chose to hold onto the plug, rather than the wires they were crimped to.

I had a set of MSD's on my old 5.3 truck. They never gave me any problems. "Next time" I'll go with them.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived