15" Rotors W/ Zo6 Calipers

JF-03-SS

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good, i didnt have

Here's what i did today to the rotors.........

I think that I will paint my hats too. I removed the 15's today to have the area of the hat where the brake pad retainer clips hit milled off. Back to the funny looking 14's for the week :fume:

Did you grind down your calipers yet? What brake pads are you going to use?

Edited by JF-03-SS (see edit history)

I will grind them down whenever ima put them on, since my friend is going to do it at his work on a lift. So ill let him hook it up,lol. They came whit Hawk pads.

So do the retainig clips hit the rotor hat alot? is it driveable as-is?

Edited by NTMD8R_SS (see edit history)

I will grind them down whenever ima put them on, since my friend is going to do it at his work on a lift. So ill let him hook it up,lol. They came whit Hawk pads.

So do the retainig clips hit the rotor hat alot? is it driveable as-is?

What hawk pads? I am running the HPS ones and they are very dusty :fume:should have got ceramic. The clips rub on mine enough to piss me off. They squeeellllll!

I think that I will paint my hats too. I removed the 15's today to have the area of the hat where the brake pad retainer clips hit milled off. Back to the funny looking 14's for the week :fume:

I removed the outer two clips on mine and I still get a slight sqeal from the center retainer, so I might end up doing the same as you. It shouldn't be too much of an under-taking. That would also give me an excuse to paint the hats on mine as well. Also due too running them for a little while now, I have a real good outline as far as where the brake pads are going to make contact. Should make masking them off a breeze.

What hawk pads? I am running the HPS ones and they are very dusty :fume:should have got ceramic. The clips rub on mine enough to piss me off. They squeeellllll!

yeah their the HPS, damn.......Im thinking about cutting my losses and just selling the complete kit. Since i will need new pads and getting the hats machined. I defenatly dont want alot of brake dust or squeking ya know.

Edited by NTMD8R_SS (see edit history)

yeah their the HPS, damn.......Im thinking about cutting my losses and just selling the complete kit. Since i will need new pads and getting the hats machined. I defenatly dont want alot of brake dust or squeking ya know.

Damn, you are worst then a fickle school girl :crackup: Put them on, you wouldn't be sorry.

So hawk pads no good????

Well hard to say, not many people have done this mod and those that have don't say much about them. So for now it is trial and error. Hawk pads are very good pads, just so happens that HPS pads are dusty.