Elderbrock Shorty's

wishminewasanss

Well I read through the sticky thread on headers and couldn't find not enough info on these. Iam thinking on buying some elderbrock shorty headers from some guy on craigslist. Pretty cheap, so iam not sure if they would fit my truck right? And not sure if shorty's are good for these trucks, since A whole bunch of you guys have longtubes. So any info would help me B4 I purchase them. Thanks!

Jaime.

I changed my stock manifolds for gibson shortys. I had my truck dynoed before the shortys and after, and that was only thing I changed. Similiar weather conditions and I put down 9hp more over the stock manifolds. So shortys make nowhere the difference that lt's do, but they do make a difference.

Well the reason I was thinking of getting them was the guy is selling them to me for 200 bucks. And he assures me they fit, he has a 06 silvy also. All he said is to do is I have 2 cover the "air injection ports"?? So after reading and I trust you guys ill get some LT's. Thanks guys I really appreciated! I love this forum.

Jaime

Well the reason I was thinking of getting them was the guy is selling them to me for 200 bucks. And he assures me they fit, he has a 06 silvy also. All he said is to do is I have 2 cover the "air injection ports"?? So after reading and I trust you guys ill get some LT's. Thanks guys I really appreciated! I love this forum.

Jaime

Add another $200 and you can get coated Pacesetter LTs. Air Injection Ports? :lol: He must mean the EGR port LOL. I am glad to hear you decided not to buy these, you will be much happier with a set of LTs.......