My Rant

smoke03

FORD = ENOUGH SAID

...but im gonna say a little more.

So here lately my beater truck (2000 ford ranger 2.5) has been getting kinda sluggish so I decided it was time for a tune up. I went to autozone and bought 8 spark plugs (kinda through me for a loop, a 4 cylinder having 8 plugs :wtf:) , new plug wires a new air filter and a bottle of lucas oil injector cleaner. I get home and start over on the passenger side and replace the air filter then I put the injector cleaner in the tank. the odometer on this truck is reading 93,xxx miles and Im pretty sure Im the first to put plugs and wires in it. The passenger side plugs werent bad other than the fact that the wires kept coming apart on me. This is suppost to be a simple and easy task to accomplish but oh no....Ford just HAS to go and make S&*^ difficult because on the Drivers side, YOU HAVE TO TAKE OFF THE INTAKE to get to the back two plugs. Or atleast I couldnt find any way to do besides that. That is just rediculous. Why on earth would you design something like that? the intake stretches down the drivers side of the engine. Maybe all four cylinder engines are like that but thats just stupid. My ranger CLEARLY has enough room for a slightly larger engine thats designed a little better. I just dont see how that design made it out of the engineering department at furd. And maybe I sound like an idiot and maybe all four cylinder engines are like that but I never work on four cylinders...just 8 lol. Either way I got it done and the truck has a little more power now lol

ILL NEVER OWN ANYTHING BUT A BOWTIE EVER AGAIN

:rant: RANT OFF.

Try doing a 4.6 or 5.4 Furd. Did that a while back on a friend of mine's truck. Never again. They wer a mf'er.

:withstupid: The single worst job I've done in 20+ years was a plug change on my '99 Expedition. Never again.

Mr. P.