How Do I Take Off The Stripes On My Truck?

garagemethods

3M Stripe Off Wheel

7498.jpg

Trust me, you fingers will thank you when your done. Turns this into a minor project rather than a chore.

Step 1 Fishing line

Step 2 3M Wheel

Step 3 Adhesive remover of your choice (I use a citris based remover)

Step 4 Polish

With this it takes no time to remove the left over tape and the adhesive remover will just be needed for a quick wipe down of the area.

Edited by BigCountry (see edit history)

just check to see if the pin stripe has clear coat over it before you pull it off. if so your good otherwise well black00chev is right. in my case i didn't have that problem. i used my steady hand a razor. came out fine and when i was done put a nice coat of wax on to get off the goo. these are all good ideas. i didn't know about the fishing line but that one sounds god also. good luck with your little project man.

3M Stripe Off Wheel

7498.jpg

Trust me, you fingers will thank you when your done. Turns this into a minor project rather than a chore.

Step 1 Fishing line

Step 2 3M Wheel

Step 3 Adhesive remover of your choice (I use a citris based remover)

Step 4 Polish

With this it takes no time to remove the left over tape and the adhesive remover will just be needed for a quick wipe down of the area.

I could have used that a while ago do u have a part number?? I should pick one of these up

I could have used that a while ago do u have a part number?? I should pick one of these up

Jus go to NAPA and ask for an "Eraser Wheel". they sell the grinder portion with it, cost like $30 total.

NOTE: the best results when using an eraser wheel are at the lowest RPM. Do Not run it wide Open and roll smoke off that eraser.

You are using it to peel! not burn graphics off. (Can burn your paint)

~Danny