My drop kit is going in at 08:30 18 March 04

2005SSR6Speed

Is the truck an extended cab? From what I've read here and at other forums it's hit or miss as far as having to shim the rear. A lot have had to shim it to get rid of a slight vibration while others haven't. In front because you are higher to start you may be able to go lower before you pick up a vibration from the CV's. We can only go 2" in front before we get some vibration. My suggestion is to call Mike McGaughy's and see what he says. There is a link to his site a little further back in this topic.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took care of my vibration today, it is gone-halaluhah(or something like that)!!! I returned the load leaf to it's regular position and installed 2 degree shims with the thick part to the rear. That's all it took, had it up to 75mph with not a problem. No I just have to install the spindles and I'll be all set. Thanks 2004SS and everyone else that has helped me. Hopefully I will do the spindles next week sometime.

When finished mine measured at 34" front and 34.5" rear, I measured it at the center of the stock wheel and tire to the fender lip. Hope this helps as I believe that Rico has the same measurements as I. I do know that they both appear identical in ride height and the rear suspension is set up exactly the same now that he changed.

Cool. I'm reflipping my load leafs tonight as well. Now if I could only get the spindles without all the other crap.

You're using the top hole on the shackle right? What degree shim did you end up using?

I've heard that if you talk real nice to them you can get the spindles all by their lonesome. I believe it, since I have a hard time understanding why they wouldn't want to make a sale.

Archived