Dash Cluster Swap

20_blkss_04

hey guys i want to swap a factory oem silverado ss cluster into my truck. it will be a gift to me so i want to make sure it will fit......no returns. but can i just swap it rite in or do i need to make modifications. also do i need to flash it to my mileage???? how does that work i know ive seen a few poeple do this in here please chime in

thanks guys!!!!

hey guys i want to swap a factory oem silverado ss cluster into my truck. it will be a gift to me so i want to make sure it will fit......no returns. but can i just swap it rite in or do i need to make modifications. also do i need to flash it to my mileage???? how does that work i know ive seen a few poeple do this in here please chime in

thanks guys!!!!

03-up will be a direct plug in,05 and up have a different drive indicator but WILL still work properly,the mileage is locked into memory of the cluster itself,when you unpug it that final milaege stays and will return when you plug it back in at a later date,what ever mileage that is on the one putting in will show and count from there. There are also minor diferences with the DIC,some have more than othere for instance mpg avg,and mpg instant If yours was loaded with all dont expect the one you replace with will have the same,if you want all the same and acurate miles you will need to buy the unit from the same year,have it taken to some one with tech two tool and swap and reprogram everything into replacement cluster and then have miles documented for verification and all other sorts..........

Most that want the ss cluster just plug em in and enjoy,and swap when nessecary if you know what i mean. 03 and up will work i have done it with almost every year up,sold a few and thats how i check them....

wow thanks man!!!

heres my deal i believe its an 05+ becuase it ses it will fit an 06 silverado on the website so maybe they took it out of one....and the drive indicator is just the letters not squared off its hard to describe ill put up a pic!

but i was told if i take my truck with the new cluster in the truck and my old one out,,,,to my dealership i got connections with they can swap out the info!!?? like miles.....

and also i dont have instant ...mpg and avg. mph etc. although my old truck had it so i am familiar with it....will that just not show with the new cluster..and ill just have my normal miles and tachometer....?? can i ever make all that work in my new cluster??

thanks for the help man!!! greatly apreciate it

Edited by 20_blkss_04 (see edit history)

03-up will be a direct plug in,05 and up have a different drive indicator but WILL still work properly,the mileage is locked into memory of the cluster itself,when you unpug it that final milaege stays and will return when you plug it back in at a later date,what ever mileage that is on the one putting in will show and count from there. There are also minor diferences with the DIC,some have more than othere for instance mpg avg,and mpg instant If yours was loaded with all dont expect the one you replace with will have the same,if you want all the same and acurate miles you will need to buy the unit from the same year,have it taken to some one with tech two tool and swap and reprogram everything into replacement cluster and then have miles documented for verification and all other sorts..........

Most that want the ss cluster just plug em in and enjoy,and swap when nessecary if you know what i mean. 03 and up will work i have done it with almost every year up,sold a few and thats how i check them....

here are some pics

post-16089-1224729219_thumb.jpg

post-16089-1224729229_thumb.jpg

oooooo ok....so i wont be able to get anything out of it.....cept the actual gauges?? and mileage from wear it starts off?? i mean i dont care for the extra avg. mph and instant economy i just was hoping to chang eover my miles! and maybe in the future wen i my new motor change those miles...some how if that can even be done!

i was told since i dont have a trans temp gauge it would automaticly pik up off of this one!!?? is that true

srry to ask so many questions man but i apreciate it!!

Edited by 20_blkss_04 (see edit history)