Radix Mp112 Swap To Mp122

Mid12s, truck is a beast. Think I got a pretty good deal. There are some pics in the Member Introduction section : http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/81496-new-member-fort-kent-ab-canada/

It's no show truck, definitely could use a new paint job and has been driven year-round in Canada, so frame and suspension are rusty. Body is in good shape though, only one small pea size dent on driver door I am getting fixed in May.

Sounds like our trucks would be a good race :cheers:

Yeah! No kidding. Ill be down in palmer this summer if you wanna make that happen. Haha. Little bit more of a drive for you though. :cool:

Im stoked to see how the new set up is going to run.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably won't make it closer than Edmonton to you. Looking forward to hearing how your truck performs!

Yeah! Im excited too! I just saw you were packin' a 408! :cool: How are you liking it? I was told if i was going to build a 408, to ditch the radix as its too small for 408 cubes and would just be a heat fan. Im sure the 122 makes a bit of a difference though. I kinda wish i just went with a 408, as the price difference between it and the 370 was only like a $100 more for the 4.00" crank.

408 and MP122 was put together by Davenport in Calgary. Could use larger blower for sure. But this one is safe for the 408 and pump gas here in Alberta. If I wanted to spend a bunch of $$ I would look into a TVS 2300, but the truck has enough power for me.

Going to work on the tune this spring, idle isn't quite what I would like and I like to use my HP Tuners to verify all parameters are where I'd like them.

I have access to HP tuners as well. The only thing I've done with it is adjust an idle flare, tire size, and fuel trims. I just log

VE table counts while driving and try to get as many boxes filled as possible. Then Average them out, copy and past into my VE table in my tune, then smooth the graph. I do this 4 or 5 times after I get a new base tune from zippy just to dial in fuel trims a little after severe changes are made to the tune. It helps my wideband reading be we're they are supposed to be. But that's all I've done with it so far. Ill monitor parameters no problem, but I don't trust myself to make any big changes. I leave that up to Zippy. I actually have to give him a call and get a base tune built for my new set up. If he has time, ill make a few logs of the new base tune and send it to him and he can decide what needs adjustment and then send me a corrected file. That's the way I prefer to do it. Back and forth until its as close as its gonna get. I gotta give him tons of credit for being able to do what he does without ever seeing/driving a vehicle. He can get a base tune so close just by telling him your mods, and then perfect the tune while I'm on the other side of the US. He's the man.

I just bought a blower cam through Zippy and he is very knowledgable, he already has my money spent on future mods.

Mid12 are you getting the space from supersub? Lete know hoe it works out because that is on my to do list.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Yep! John ordered a few from Supersub and i am purchasing one from him. Ill take pics of install and post a thread when im done.

Is John selling them or do you know id supersub would still make single units?

Is John selling them or do you know id supersub would still make single units?

You can ask him and find out. Im not too sure myself. I think Supersub just made an order for John and all are spoken for. John asked me weeks ago if i wanted to put my name on one, But you can ask around and find out.

Yep! John ordered a few from Supersub and i am purchasing one from him. Ill take pics of install and post a thread when im done.

Definatley take pics of the phenolic spacer install!!! I am very intrested in doing this mod. How much are the spacers goping for these days? And does he make them with ports for meth or NO2 yet? I know he was going to try to make some..

Definatley take pics of the phenolic spacer install!!! I am very intrested in doing this mod. How much are the spacers goping for these days? And does he make them with ports for meth or NO2 yet? I know he was going to try to make some..

Im not sure about Nos/meth ports. Thatd be cool! I remember him talking about it. I think it was like $475? Not sure.... Hahaha lots of "not sures" in my last few posts. Maybe the mastermind of this transaction can pop in and clear some things up for us.

haha i just looked at your sig and was shocked at how identical our builds are. :cool: Same exact CR, MP112, etc. Kinda cool! Im curious how they'd fair against eachother. How do you like the 4.56s?

Im not sure about Nos/meth ports. Thatd be cool! I remember him talking about it. I think it was like $475? Not sure.... Hahaha lots of "not sures" in my last few posts. Maybe the mastermind of this transaction can pop in and clear some things up for us.

haha i just looked at your sig and was shocked at how identical our builds are. :cool: Same exact CR, MP112, etc. Kinda cool! Im curious how they'd fair against eachother. How do you like the 4.56s?

I love the 4:56's They are a pain in the ass to install and even had a bad set up front that hummed alot and replaced them... But in the end they are very fun and the hole shot is unbeatable... She runs at aboout 2200-2500rpms at 60-65mph... Uses a little more gas but its a hot rod truck only LOL... My tune is in very bad shape but I bought hptuners and a wideband and Mr. Wheatley has just set me up with a 2bar SD tune... I have not run the truck yet with the 90mm TB or 160' stat or 100mm idlers for pulley slip due to damn Minnesota snow and salt errrr LOL... I am hoping it will rocket once I get it together and wideband my tune and have wheatley dial it in perfect... I am hoping low 12's.... I also plan on E85 this summer due to the abundance of it up here and that should get me in the 11's... :jester:

What do you run in the 1/4 as I havn't been to the track yet???? We should run about the same except I may trap the 1/8th a bit faster with 4:56 but slower on top, making it about the same as you lol...