Brake Squeaking

Mike'sSS

ALright, i consider myself a fairly decent wrench turner but i dont know whats causing this!

When i am moving it sounds like the rear passenger brakes are sqeaking, it gets faster withspeed and stops when the brakes are applied. Its driving me nuts!

So far i have put new pads all the way around, cleaned the ebrake and sanded the inside of the drum to get any junk out of it, checked all the bolts to make sure they are tight and cleaned all of it but i stil have this dang squek squek squeak when i drive!!!! PLEASE help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

alright, finally got it to stop squeaking! I just bought a cheap rotor from autozone and put it on! It's just hard to get the time to work on it, single with two little girls (2&4) so they keep me busy!

now my ABS light is on! could the one odd rotor be doing that? i need to get new rotors all the way around i'm sure but the bendix ones were like 250 each!

alright, finally got it to stop squeaking! I just bought a cheap rotor from autozone and put it on! It's just hard to get the time to work on it, single with two little girls (2&4) so they keep me busy!

now my ABS light is on! could the one odd rotor be doing that? i need to get new rotors all the way around i'm sure but the bendix ones were like 250 each!

go on the R1 concept site and get some qualtiy rotors at a great price as well as some ceramic pads

sweet! i'll check that out!

My buddy had the idea of checking the grease on the sleeves for the bols on the caliper and they were dry as a bone so we greased them up and t seems to be alot better now too, was startting to squeak again with that new rotor so its not the rotors, hope its just needn grease... will know in a day or so, everytime i mess with it it doesnt squeak for a day or two then it comes right back so maybe it wont this time!