15" Front Cross Drilled Sloted Rotors For The Z06 Brakes

supersub

Ok i am seriously interested...

i have some questions...are these not the baer rotors 15" cross drilled and slotted zinc plated...the look the same baer sells them for 272 a side.

i cant see your rotor being any different...so my question is have you looked into the bear rotors and if so why wouldnt we get a group buy and just get them????

i am only asking questions and dont mean to offend anyone

They are great questions,

For the first question, it is possible they could be a product from baer,I said they were american made,My advise would to be to order them try them and invest the time and funds to see if they even work.What if they dont,Start over and then identify what needs to be done to arrive at a finished product.

If in fact that is the correct part for the price listed above,how much savings are you expecting.$15-30 bucks? I think my time is worth that.?

And for the second,Group buy's are usually promoted on an already established product.This is far from established,very to little research has been done.Thats really not a bad deal.

I have even stated "I will not inflate retail pricing" I am charging Retail + shipping + paypal period.

The rotors I have found to work will cost 618.00 to your door incl shipping and paypal fee's. I really wish i could offer them cheaper.

Thanks for Your Questions, Well asked and worth answering.

Edited by supersub (see edit history)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have some questions...are these not the baer rotors 15" cross drilled and slotted zinc plated...the look the same baer sells them for 272 a side.

i cant see your rotor being any different...so my question is have you looked into the bear rotors and if so why wouldnt we get a group buy and just get them????

the rotors you are looking to buy are for just the rotor, now you need the aluminum hats for the rotors which will probably double that price. Baer 15" rotors are 2pc.

The rotors Ray is getting are a smokin deal!

the rotors you are looking to buy are for just the rotor, now you need the aluminum hats for the rotors which will probably double that price. Baer 15" rotors are 2pc.

The rotors Ray is getting are a smokin deal!

Baer offers a 15" rotor in 2 piece and single piece designs.

Read the whole post. Bear won't work with the ZO6 calipers. Ray did a lot of R&N to make rotors. I don't think that the baer's will work..

I've read the entire thread as well as multiple other threads about this conversion, on this forum and others. The front Z06 caliper will fit a Baer rotor, the rear Z06 caliper will not fit a 14" Baer rear rotor for a SSS.

I don't have the measurements on hand right now but I can get them if you like.

Also if you notice, from the pictures in this thread that the front rotors hole and slot pattern do not match rear rotors. Fronts look to be Baer, rears do not.

Edited by Sherlock (see edit history)

I shouldn't have said won't but Like it was stated before:

They are great questions,

For the first question, it is possible they could be a product from baer,I said they were american made,My advise would to be to order them try them and invest the time and funds to see if they even work.What if they dont,Start over and then identify what needs to be done to arrive at a finished product.

If in fact that is the correct part for the price listed above,how much savings are you expecting.$15-30 bucks? I think my time is worth that.?

And for the second,Group buy's are usually promoted on an already established product.This is far from established,very to little research has been done.Thats really not a bad deal.

I have even stated "I will not inflate retail pricing" I am charging Retail + shipping + paypal period.

The rotors I have found to work will cost 618.00 to your door incl shipping and paypal fee's. I really wish i could offer them cheaper.

Thanks for Your Questions, Well asked and worth answering. (taken from supersub)

Edited by sick03ssbad70velle (see edit history)

:) thats true, buuuuuuuuut if you get them and they do not fit you have to ship them back. at that point you will have to get these from ray and you just wasted probably $40-$50 in shipping. this is a hell of a deal imo and i cant wait to get these from ray!!!! :cheers:

Thanks baer,

For the others that ordered they sould be arriving the first of the week.

The moment i recieved the info from those who ordered,i had the order proccessed.

Lets re evauluate the this position i seem to be falling into.

I have done the research and I am the one that invested the $$$ to find what can and will work. For that i did offer a possible bulk deal.

I started with 5 and recieved 5 interested parties.

Due financial restraints some have advised serious intrests and wish to purchase soon.others as you can see have already sent there money.

So instead of holding thier money,waiting for the others to particapate.I adjusted the price for individual sales and have been shipping seperatly.

That is the reason for the price differance,and for those that have purchased them already I hope would appreciate the accelerated conclusion to your purchase.

Every individual on this site believes there time is worth something,I do and my price reflects that above.

thanks for you intrests,and thanks to those that have already purchased.

Edited by supersub (see edit history)

Ray, I for one, am very pleased w/ your R&D on these rotors and yes your time is worth what you are charging. If you had not invested your time and money into this project everyone would just be running the 14" powerslots up front and be happy w/ that.

Ray,

I do appreciate your time and effort. the only reason i was asking if they were bear rotors, we could get a group buy from them saving some more money for everyone. either way i do appreciate the time and effort you put in... and to support all site members i will purchase mine from you.

and bear does not make a 2 piece 15 inch rotor according to their R and D team...for those who think they did.

Ray,

I do appreciate your time and effort. the only reason i was asking if they were bear rotors, we could get a group buy from them saving some more money for everyone. either way i do appreciate the time and effort you put in... and to support all site members i will purchase mine from you.

and bear does not make a 2 piece 15 inch rotor according to their R and D team...for those who think they did.

they do make a 15" 2-pc rotor

100_0657.jpg

Edited by 12'SROCK (see edit history)

I have the baer 6s with 15" rotors and mine are one piece. Bear stopped using the two peice because the one piece have more meat and thicker rotors preventing stress cracks. chase got one of the last two piece rotors, and newer two piece rotors are rare