15" Front Cross Drilled Sloted Rotors For The Z06 Brakes

supersub

Good news guy's the rotor has arrived! bad news is that i am not really ready to be moving around just yet.

Once able,plans are to remove my current set-up and re-install the new rotor and verify fitment,I will upload the pic's showing the minor modifications needed. and describe any other issues that may come about.

The main reason i choose to go this route was the lack of pad contact with the current offerings,these rotors bring the affordability back into the picture for having the ultimate 15" set-up.

CIMG1505.jpg

these things are massive in size.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great New's Guy's ***They Fit*** Actually better than i imagined they would. As you know i was one of the first to try the corvette Z06 brakes and from the start I knew there had to be a better way,So for those willing to get in the garage, make a trip or two to the local hardware store and ready for some dirt on the hands here we go!

First off I originally choose the very expensive route and ordered up some custom 2 piece rotors,and boy did i have a lot of work making those fit.It really discuraged me to pursue this further but with much dmand coming from you guy's i steped up to the plate.

I Spoke with several manufacture's and came up with only one solution.there fit and finish is un parallel to any other,and most currently have their products already.

The Use of a 15" front rotor along with the Z06 calipers is possible and affordable,again if you are willing to acept the challenges.

JYD has taken the time to produce some quality brackets and ARE needed for this to work.All the hardware recieved with the brackets will be utilized.Additional washers will need to be purchased. Qty 4 14mm flat washers,2 of which may need to be used as shims between the caliper mount and the JYD bracket. Again fittment will be required before final assy.

The calipers themselves HAVE to be Modified.They were designed to fit the vette so that really should not be a surprise.

Removing part of the brow area is required in order for the caliper to swallow the rotor sorta speak. The tool I choose to use is a die grinder with a ferous bit,due to the aluminum,and a half moon file to clean up the edges.The mounting bosses may need to be shaved a little but I can't awnser that completly(because they have been heavily modified to fit the 2-piece rotors)Fitment will need to be checked before final assembly.

here are some pic's:

CIMG1506.jpg

Full Pad contact!

CIMG1507.jpg

For those up to the challenge there is an affordable awesome 15" brake set up available.

Rotors are in stock and ready to ship total to your door 618.00 for the front pair.this includes shipping and handling and paypal fee's,delivered via fed ex and will require signature at time of delivery.

AND MADE IN THE U.S.A.

*************WHO IS READY**************

Edited by supersub (see edit history)

Thanks, first set shipped out who's next?

Not to nitpick but from the one picture it still looks like some of the pad is sticking out past the rotor. Its definately better than the 14" rotor but still doesn't look like 100% pad usage. Could just be the angle of the one picture, do you have more pictures of this area?

Not to nitpick but from the one picture it still looks like some of the pad is sticking out past the rotor. Its definately better than the 14" rotor but still doesn't look like 100% pad usage. Could just be the angle of the one picture, do you have more pictures of this area?

I see what you mean,It is the angle,Trust me they use the whole pad,each and every one,3 per side,6 per caliper.the whole thing and nothing left hanging not even a chad :cheers:

I see what you mean,It is the angle,Trust me they use the whole pad,each and every one,3 per side,6 per caliper.the whole thing and nothing left hanging not even a chad :cheers:

That's too funny, I seen that too and said damn. From the picture, where you were indicating the amount of clearance at the hat, it also looks tight as hell (you stated that the two piece was worse). I guess the pictures (though informing) don't do everything justice. I'm sure if they meet your standards, they will sure as hell meet mine. :cheers:

Ok i am seriously interested...

i have some questions...are these not the baer rotors 15" cross drilled and slotted zinc plated...the look the same baer sells them for 272 a side.

i cant see your rotor being any different...so my question is have you looked into the bear rotors and if so why wouldnt we get a group buy and just get them????

i am only asking questions and dont mean to offend anyone