0-60 Numbers on a 1500 LT

Bob_the_builder

DemonSilverado

I have beat many reg cabs, 88-03. Most of them were stock, some 5 speed, none of them were modified more than intake, exhaust, chip. I havent raced an 04 yet but the results should be the same. When I was stock, 9 times out of 10 I ran under 15s.

Wouldnt it help if our AWD turned off when it shifted into 2nd or 3rd? The car show that i last when to had a burnout and the winner got $100. :D I wish I could turn it on and off! That benjamin could get me a shopman bowtie! :D

Wouldnt it help if our AWD turned off when it shifted into 2nd or 3rd? The car show that i last when to had a burnout and the winner got $100. :D I wish I could turn it on and off! That benjamin could get me a shopman bowtie! :D

:withstupid::D

George :chevy:

Around here (Thunder Valley) 14.9 is not out of the ordinary for a stock 5.3.

Anything under 15.2 IS out of the ordinary for a stock SS.

I'm not going to say what anyones trucks can and cannot do, I took an SS (and plenty of 5.3's) in my 03 4.8 5-Speed, back when it was stock.

As for the trucks up to 98, even the 350's with the 5-Speed arent going to run with the SS.

But its pretty common knoledge that the 5.3 SCSB is faster than the SS stock to stock (drivers being equal).

Keep in mind times will vary with the track, weather, and location, and races depend heavily on the drivers. These factors always change, so different people will beat and lose to different trucks. Even in stock vs stock trim.

it would help if the awd was turned off all the way. with 275/55R20's a stock ss would likely not spin at all off the line or very little if any at all. the 60' times of the stock ss isn't that impressive.

My friend has a 5.3 SCSB and stepside! We have raced many times, 15 times at the least, and he has beat me four times. The first few times were stock(i beat him each time) and then we BOTH started to upgrade. He got exhaust and beat me with my chrome thunders on and bed cover. Then he got a chip and got me pretty good. I got chip, exhaust, cold air, and my system that weighed at the least 200lbs and I beat him. Now he has 23s with spinners and we dont race anymore. :(

I would really say that the trucks are even. It just depends on the driving, i guess.

Archived