0-60 Numbers on a 1500 LT

Bob_the_builder

Couldn't really think of a good place to put this so i thoguht I would try here. Anyways, with all this talk of Silverado SS 0-60 and 1/4 mile times I was wondering if anyone has ran a stardard 1500 extanded cab with the 5.3L I was just wondering how much faster the SS package makes the truck.

Bob

well i ran a friend that had a rc sb 5.3..he had exhaust and very small tires.it was almost even.had him like half a car in the quarter..i put in a custom tune and air intake and now i get him by 2 cars..

but you are asking about a stock extended cab.(witch has alittle more weight than the rc).i would say the ss is about 1or 2 length in front of the all stock extended cab 5.3.

hope this helps you. :thumbs:

Couldn't really think of a good place to put this so i thoguht I would try here. Anyways, with all this talk of Silverado SS 0-60 and 1/4 mile times I was wondering if anyone has ran a stardard 1500 extanded cab with the 5.3L I was just wondering how much faster the SS package makes the truck.

Bob

I would say 1.5 sec faster or so in the quarter and maybe a 1 sec faster 0-60.

ok i have these 2 friends and one drives an 02 z71 regular cab, and the other has a GMC (think it is a 2000) with the v8. The guy in the z71 talks a lot of shit and says he could beat me and that he takes the guy in the GMC fairly easily. Another one of our friends has an 02 Harley and he says that he BARELY gets beat by him even. I thought he was full of it but i guess i we will have to have a go at it now

How can a 5.3 truck be as fast as the SS? I had an 03 Z71 ext cab and it was slow. Even in regular traffic I would often have to get it up to 3500-4000 rpm to just keep up. It was kind of embrassing especially passing, always had that pedal to the floor.

How can a 5.3 truck be as fast as the SS? I had an 03 Z71 ext cab and it was slow. Even in regular traffic I would often have to get it up to 3500-4000 rpm to just keep up. It was kind of embrassing especially passing, always had that pedal to the floor.

An extended cab short bed with a 5.3 will not be as fast. A regular cab short bed with the 5.3 and say 3.73's has a good chance of being as fast, if not faster. The power to weight ratio is why. A reg. s/b only weighs like 4200lbs give or take a little, especially if it's 2wd. I used to own a reg s/b with the 5.3. It had 3.73's, but it was 4wd. However, it was still pretty fast. :chevy:

• 1 month later...

Stock to Stock, drivers being equal, the 02,03,04 5.3's (IN STANDARD CAB SHORT BED TRIM) will out-run the SS in the quarter. The extended Cab 5.3's will be slower than the SS.

The SS has an advantage with the AWD laucnch, but the 5.3 will take it by about 3 tenths in the quarter.

Best ive seen from a stock SS is a 15.2, best Ive seen from a stock 5.3 SCSB is a 14.9. (both at TV, both on the same day).

Stock to Stock, drivers being equal, the 02,03,04 5.3's (IN STANDARD CAB SHORT BED TRIM) will out-run the SS in the quarter. The extended Cab 5.3's will be slower than the SS.

The SS has an advantage with the AWD laucnch, but the 5.3 will take it by about 3 tenths in the quarter.

Best ive seen from a stock SS is a 15.2, best Ive seen from a stock 5.3 SCSB is a 14.9. (both at TV, both on the same day).

I think "GinnieSS" in our forum has run a 14.9 in stock trim

Archived