8 Rib Pulley Setup

rgp6373

i am thinking of changing to an 8 rib set up there is a fair amount of belt dust around my pulleys . is it worth changing to the 8 rib or stick with 6 rib and just change the blower pully ? i was looking at the reichard pulleys its alot for a set of pulleys but i guess if it will solve the problem it would be worth it

it depends, the smaller the blower pulley the more likly it is going to slip. also stock tensioners can get weak after time and the stock maggie one is a joke. they hav e made a new and improved model im running one and it helped big time. i even had some belt slip with the 8 rib but the tensioner solved it completely im running a 2.7 reichard blower pulley . depends on how much drag your blower makes too.

yeah the tensioner that came with my maggie does bounce around abit but i havnt seen anything to replace it with i figure the new pulleys would help out a bit . has any one tried this place ?

http://www.innovatorswest.com/store/index....mp;productId=50

Edited by rgp6373 (see edit history)

call magnuson for the tensioner they have it but they have posted on other sites. it will make a difference imo. but the 8 rib will also be as much help. i used ati for my crank pulley just because we had to make some custom stuff for the vortech.

ASP is going to be the most cost effective route, imo. I jus did the re-search like 2 months ago when i did my set up.

the stock crank pully, they modify to 8 rib for like $200 or 220? You will takl to Lee down there.

BTW, they will try tp push you into modifying your water pump to. I dont think it is nessacary cause it is a wider pully from the factory any way. I told them I was going to run an electric to get them off my back, lol. If you say your going to leave it stock, they will say that thats not the right way to do it, etc..... :sleep:

~Danny

I'd recomend going to the 8 rib setup for your truck. Go with the larger crank pulley and run a larger blower pulley. This will ensure little to no slip and longer belt life.

are you saying larger as in wider on just the crank and blower pulley?

I put a new factory tensioner and forced on a shorter belt to reduce slipage and haven't had much slipage since but my power is reduced some now....

trying to figure out power issuses and anticipating possable belt problem and just wanted to make sure I understood that right.

i did what zippy said, just havent installed it all yet. did innovators west system, mixed with a few other pullies. but like chase said, that new maggie tensioner is a beast. i threw it on first, and still havent felt a need to put the 8 rib on, because it helped that much. however, my stock crank pulley always falls apart, so it will be nice to put a billet balancer on there

yeah i will be getting the new magna tensioner to start but i will probably go to 8 rib as well since i want to get the 10% overdrive crank to get some more boost as well but i think that might wait until spring now . have to save up my pennies for my 2009 cts-v altho there will probably be snow here by the time it arrives and i will have to trailer it home